Holiday Food Logging Calories

Options
I am going on holiday for 3 weeks & what should my calories be?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do you know what your maintenance calories are? Or not really worry about it and have fun, just don't go too crazy.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I never track on vacation. Part of why I enjoy traveling is that I like to try the local food...plus, calorie info just may not be available for most of what you eat...you are just guessing even if you try to count. Besides, I am normally more active on vacation...walking around all day seeing sites, participating in diving or swimming, etc. Eat what you want...just don't stuff yourself. Try small portions if you want to try many different things.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You could do maintenance or you could screw that and eat freely...I'm more in the second boat, life is too short for me to track on vacation and I'm close enough to goal and have my home life routine down. Have fun either way :)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You will be fine. Let us know how you did when you get back. Most of all, have fun.
  • dennisTee
    dennisTee Posts: 20 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm going away for 3 days and I will be indulging and attempting to track. I just don't want to add on 3 additional weeks of 'dieting' as I'm so close to my goal weight lol.
    Bah
  • dennisTee
    dennisTee Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Haha,3 days really cannot do that much damage than 3 weeks.

Says you... Lol
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Im off for a week at end of nx week. Wont be able to log in or weigh anything.
    Feeling a little nervous about that. Been doing mfp since new year so it has become part of my daily routine.
    My mates say well "u wont put on all.that u have lost, some enjoy it""start again when back"

Guess they are right.
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am going on a 10 day vacation in a couple weeks. I plan on logging as much as I can, but not eating at a deficit. I don't want to get out of the habit of logging (since the last time I took a break from logging it turned into a year and a half and I gained back everything I lost :( .) I want to be able to enjoy myself, so I plan on eating at maintenance or even a little above if I want an extra treat. If I end up with a little extra weight I will deal with it when I get home.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Just back from a weeks vacation and lost 2.6lbs! I tracked but did a shed load of exercise which probably accounts for the loss.