Almost (gulp) 40 and need a Do-Over!

Hey everyone, I am a newly minted 39 year old teacher and coach from Austin, Texas. I have been obese for nearly the last 20 years. I need a Do-Over and am looking for someone to help me. I have seen 419, I have also seen 268. I haven't been under 268 probably in the past 10 years. My body hurts sometimes, and sometimes I get depressed. I don't want to be obese you know? My mind gets in the way and I make terrible choices, then I go down that path for a while.

I'm looking for really just a couple of people who are in need of the same thing as I. I don't need any "Facebook" friends... you know the people who only send you HBD on FB... I need something more like a match.com buddy- someone who is going through the same thing and can't do it alone.

I would prefer a man, hopefully in his 30's or 40's that is currently in the same situation but truly wants to get out of this fat, dangerous life. Send me a message and we'll see!!!

Replies

• lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    You can do this!
  • MyPowerNow
    MyPowerNow Posts: 1 Member
    You got this!
  • Cathy121314
    Cathy121314 Posts: 30 Member
    Good Luck to you!! I'm a 46 year old teacher, with aches and pains but really trying to push through. Good luck on your journey.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Felt like I was reading my own story. I've lost and gained 40kgs over the years & hit my 40s in a terrible mental and physical state. I ended up meeting a personal trainer & something about him reignited the spark that I'd long buried under endless poor food choices.
    6 mths on I've regained control of my life, lost 10kg but not by deprivation dieting, and am the strongest & healthiest I've ever felt.
    Progress not perfection:
    Better food choices each day - even as small as herbal tea rather than coffee, doing exercise you really enjoy - I'm so inspired by my zumba instructor, make your 'why' about what you want achieve rather than what you want avoid - I want to be strong & fit & happy not lose 20kg.
    Best of luck, you CAN do it.
  • Levismum21
    Levismum21 Posts: 12 Member
    Add me :) Ill happily talk to you. I Know how you feel :'( Keep your chin up, we can do this!!
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    I don't know how much help I could be to you but I'm glad you're taking the first steps to better health.

- The most important aspect to this journey is to have a strong mindset. Without it you'll just revert back to the old ways
    - #2 Nutrition, diet, is extremely important more so then exercise. Figure out what works for you and try to eat more healthy.
    - #3 exercise walk, strength train increase intensity as u go

Once you see the weight coming off you'll be hooked. Don't give up!

I've seen a guy lose like 400lbs and reverse his diabetes in his 50's. He's become a fitness guru at age 56 running triathlons and stuff.

You can do it!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member
    I'm 44 and down 130 lbs with about 15 lbs remaining. It's never too late.