Options
im2fat7
im2fat7 Posts: 1 Member
Can anyone give me some recipes for 500 cal snacks or meals? Thanks

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    This is what I got when I googled. I like this website and use it often.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/healthy-eating/top-10-dinner-recipes-under-500-calories
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Green smoothie. Mine are always about 500 calories. Water, frozen berries, whey, and greens (spinach, romaine, kale, etc)
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    lol, 500c sounds more like a binge than a snack.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I love broccoli and potato soup!

I start by making a huge pot of caramelized onions in the slowcooker. 7-8 onions, 1/4 cup of oil, salt, low for 11 hours.

Then I freeze those, and use about half a cup whenever a recipe calls for onion.

Broccoli and potato soup is a head of broccoli (about four cups), one half cup of the onions, 500g of potatoes (I just eyeball half a 1kg bag), and two stock cubes, plus water to cover. Slowcook on high for about 4 hours, and mash or blend to whatever consistency you like.

That makes 4-5 portions. 1/5 has 130 calories, 24 carbs, 4 protein, 2 fat, 4 fibre. Adding 1/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese adds 115 calories, 7g of protein, and 10g of fat.

I'm trying to eat less animal products, and I've found that a lot of meat or dairy free recipes are lower in calories. That said, fajitas made in the slow cooker with skinless chicken breasts, served with rice instead of a wrap, is also pretty good!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to call out the below fantastic idea for stocking caramelized onions, using a slow cooker.

I never bother to make them because it seemed like too much work. Got a pot working now, to try it out.
    Barelmy wrote: »
    I start by making a huge pot of caramelized onions in the slowcooker. 7-8 onions, 1/4 cup of oil, salt, low for 11 hours.

Then I freeze those, and use about half a cup whenever a recipe calls for onion.

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    lol, 500c sounds more like a binge than a snack.

I'm 6'2" tall 185lbs and maintain with exercise on around 2600-2700 cals a day. About every meal (I usually do 5-6) is around 500 cals or more. Generally I'll do 5 meals, and two to three are less than 500 so dinner ends up being 750-1000 cals.
  • Daniel_Damti
    Daniel_Damti Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Most of my meals are like 500 calls more or less
    3 medium size grilled chicken brest
    half a plate of broccoli or cauliflower or string beans(Sautéed in olive oil garlic and garlic)
    and finsh of with some green tea

sometime ill also have a cuo of rice as well but then its like 700 cals
    Hope i helped :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I can make a pizza for 500 calories.
  • TejahBee
    TejahBee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Baked cheese. No really, it is delish. Three ounces shredded cheese. Put them into 4 piles, even thickness (think cookies) bake them on a nonstick cookie sheet at 375 degrees F for 15 min, pour off the grease and let them cool 10 minutes.