Am I doing this for me?

Options
I have been fat my whole life. I feel like I'm doing it for me because I'm semi confident but I give up on myself so easily. I don't want to be fat anymore but I don't know how to lose weight !

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Stick here and log your foods,I was in denial about how much I was eating and guessing on calories before I came here,its been a huge eye opener
  • crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    It's pretty easy to lose weight.
    Track, log and eat at a deficit. It's very simple and people tend to over complicate it but there is no need.

Yep, this. Weight loss happens when the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals is achieved. Hit that calorie deficit and lose weight.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    It's pretty easy to lose weight.
    Track, log and eat at a deficit. It's very simple and people tend to over complicate it but there is no need.

The process is easy. Sticking to it isn't always easy. It takes willpower and practice, but don't give up. It can be done. If you mess up, log it and try again the next day.
  • JullzGood
    JullzGood Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Takes will power and a lot of dedication. Just log your foods everyday and weigh your food with a scale to be accurate. Plan out your meals. I'd highly recommend looking up If It Fits Your Macros (IIFYM). All this had helped me a lot. And also work out. Start by walking. Look up some videos on YouTube for working out. I've lost 90 pounds in a year and a half doing all of this. 280 on January of last year. Now I'm 189 and still going. This app really is a great tool to help you keep your foods logged.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    All the tips above are great points that you should follow. Another is not to live and die daily by the scale. Instead I'd suggest finding some tight clothes and then trying them on every week on the same day. That is a great way to test your real progress. It's a weird test item I use but when I started I had a life vest I was bursting out of and now it is super loose on me but don't tell my scale that: I think it wants me to quit since it doesn't agree with my inches lost :smiley:
  • Vegansuperman
    Vegansuperman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    "It's take disciprine"

- read it with kung fu accent.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Honest question: If you've been fat your whole life, then who's picture is your profile pic? Could just be my eyes, but that girl does not look fat.
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    LahrysaTebo2015 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Honest question: If you've been fat your whole life, then who's picture is your profile pic? Could just be my eyes, but that girl does not look fat.

It is me lol I am 5'7 290 pounds lol probably just your eyes
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have been fat my whole life. I feel like I'm doing it for me because I'm semi confident but I give up on myself so easily. I don't want to be fat anymore but I don't know how to lose weight !

Track your food. Your diary is open, but you don't use it. How can you expect to know how many calories you are eating? If you truly want to lose weight you have to put in the work.
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »

Track your food. Your diary is open, but you don't use it. How can you expect to know how many calories you are eating? If you truly want to lose weight you have to put in the work.

I'm not starting until friday.
  • janjunie
    Options

Why Friday?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

How come? You could start today, just logging the foods you normally eat.

Then make small, SUSTAINABLE tweaks that you can do for the rest of your left. Rinse and repeat.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I was fat my whole life and I started on a Sunday. It worked ok.
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    Options

Why Friday?

Because I am on a shake diet from the hospital for 72 hours
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    Options
    I was fat my whole life and I started on a Sunday. It worked ok.

I'd rather say I'm starting Friday then say I'm starting next Monday
  • janjunie
    Options

Why Friday?

Because I am on a shake diet from the hospital for 72 hours

Ok log those calories, it'll be easier to keep things going come Friday.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options

Here's part of the problem. Procrastination. Putting it off means your NOT in the right frame of mind. If it REALLY MATTERED, you'd start NOW. Meaning your next meal.
    Weight loss comes from creating new habitual behavior and unless you change that, you'll continue to struggle. The whole "shake diet" ISN'T something you're going to do the rest of your life, so you really shouldn't bother with it. All you're doing is creating a calorie deficit and that can be done counting calories.
    You can learn a lot here on the forums, but it has to get put to use to get results.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• LahrysaTebo2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Here's part of the problem. Procrastination. Putting it off means your NOT in the right frame of mind. If it REALLY MATTERED, you'd start NOW. Meaning your next meal.
    Weight loss comes from creating new habitual behavior and unless you change that, you'll continue to struggle. The whole "shake diet" ISN'T something you're going to do the rest of your life, so you really shouldn't bother with it. All you're doing is creating a calorie deficit and that can be done counting calories.
    You can learn a lot here on the forums, but it has to get put to use to get results.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

It's not a shake diet it's a shake like drink I got from the hospital I have to drink every 8 hours for 72 hours
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

It's not a shake diet it's a shake like drink I got from the hospital I have to drink every 8 hours for 72 hours
    Okay, so is that ALL you're consuming? And is this shake like drink consumed so they can track or see something going on in your body? Because if so, you still have to sustain your daily nutrition and calories.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png