10 minute trainer

Options
Sugs94
Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
Hey...has anyone tried the 10 minute trainer videos by Tony Horton??? They look good and I like the fact that I can do 1 or several in a day depending on time. I also walk my dog rain/shine or snow at least twice in a day for 40 minutes or greater each time, so some days I don't have a truckload of time. Would appreciate opinions of these by someone who has tried them.
Thanks,
Heather

Replies

• gina1123
    gina1123 Posts: 12
    Options
    I just saw that commercial today and was wondering the same thing. Almost looks to good to be true. I could do 10 minutes!!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them but after seeing the comment on your dog....40 minutes in the snow??? Wow! What type of dog is that? When I had dogs they were whimps when it came to snow! lol
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have them, have used them and I love them!

Now don't be fooled, you do get in a workout in those ten minutes. Tony likes to work every area so after that quick warm-up he gets right to it.

I enjoy the total body and the abs. But all of them are good. Funny you mention these as I just "dusted" them off yesterday and said I would add these back into my weekly exercise regimen.

I hope this helps and good luck. I think you will like them!

P.S.-- From what I have gathered and read on on-lines forums and such, the calorie burn for each segment is somewhere 100 calories. If you have an hrm or some other device that can certainly tell you better.
  • jvdoughty
    jvdoughty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I haven't used them in a while, but liked them when I did. I always did 3 of the videos a day and followed the chart they send with the videos. I'm not sure if I lost any weight or inches on them since I wasn't tracking that at that time, but at least it is a way to stay active. Hope this helps a bit!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I think for the 10 minute trainer to work you really need to be good with your diet. I would say I could talk to my upline coaches for more info but I am sure you will get a gazzilion coaches on here telling you their thoughts.
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    :happy:

Amber...I have an American Eskimo/Corgi mix. We live in Minnesota and that doggone dog loves the cold. If it is above 60 or so I have to drag him along...but he is squirrly and would be prone to be overweight...so walking we go.. I have learned to dress really warm in winter when he loves to be out :)
    Mizz Doc thanks for the eval on the video. I'll probably be trying these.
  • Bellum24
    Bellum24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I like it! It is a good workout
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like the 10 minute trainer because I love Tony-tough trainer! I also use Chalean Extreme and those workouts are mostly around 30 minutes-weights & cardio. You WORK the whole time, just like the 10 minute trainers. If you have a few "extra" minutes, go for Chalean Extreme or even Turbo Jam is fun & short bursts of exercise too!

All of the workouts are so much fun!