natural pb....?

Options
seriously?! i just noticed my natural pb has 3 grams sat fat!!! whats some good natural peanut butter with less cals and sat fat?

Replies

• roxypoptart
    roxypoptart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    or any nut butter
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Have you tried PB2? It's actually dried peanut butter, and you just add drops of water to it to make a galoopy consistency.
    1.5g fat per 2T serving. While it's not as sticky and mouth-satisfying as regular peanut butter, it's much less fat and it has 5g protein per serving. I like the flavor, it's very, well, peanutty. With it being dried, it also weighs a lot less if you like to be out backpacking. I also add it to spicy Asian noodles, like Nong Shim gourmet spicy, gives it a bit of a Thai spin. I'm a little fascinated with this stuff just now, I keep wanting to find stuff to add it to. :-)
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yes! I was totally gonig to say that. I have PB2 and it's awesome(: plus you get to pick how creamy it is!
  • roxypoptart
    roxypoptart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    where do you get it?
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I got mine in the health section at my Hyvee :P You can also order it online.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    3 g of fat isn't all that bad for you. You need fat in your diet.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    If you take out the fat, it will no longer be "natural".
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    3g is nothing unless you're eating it by the jarful.
    Also,
    If you take out the fat, it will no longer be "natural".

this.
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options
    I agree that 3grams is not bad in moderate amounts. Almond butter is awesome I think but I have no idea about the fat content. There is a brand out there (cant think of the name) that makes maple almond butter in little sample packets and I can't help but chow on those things.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I agree that 3grams is not bad in moderate amounts. Almond butter is awesome I think but I have no idea about the fat content. There is a brand out there (cant think of the name) that makes maple almond butter in little sample packets and I can't help but chow on those things.

I think you're talking about Justin's Nut Butters (and I lol every time I think of that name).
  • kadoodle76
    Options
    I looked it up...It's "Justin's Nut Butters" and the maple almond kind has 17 gms.fat total with 2 sat. fat...dunno how good that is but it sure is tasty :tongue:
  • kadoodle76
    Options

I think you're talking about Justin's Nut Butters (and I lol every time I think of that name).

I also giggled a bit lol
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options

I also giggled a bit lol

haha I eat this stuff & never noticed the humor in the name. Can you say dense??