Newbie with a long journey ahead....

Options
Hello, today is day one for my weight-loss journey. I don't really have many supportive friends or family, so for the most part I am doing this alone. I could get surgery, which is a great alternative for some, but a last resort for me - I don't judge those that have or those that do, it's just not an option for me right now - I figure I got myself into this, I need to find a way out of it.

If you are interested in someone that is motivated and reached the bottom where I have to do something - I'm tired of hurting each day, I am tired of limitations, tired of trying on clothes to find that nothing fits, tired of taking up two seats on the airplane, and just generally frustrated with life passing me by. Feel free to message me and we can support one another through the ups and downs.

Replies

• shaneozouf
    shaneozouf Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you don't have the support you should have. You'll hopefully find that it is a supportive community around here and be able to get on your way to reaching your goals.

I have quite a bit of experience with nutrition and exercise (albeit, not as much as some veterans), so if you have any questions or need any support, feel free to message me. I'll send you a friend request.
  • Mrsjnelmanning16
    Mrsjnelmanning16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Michelle!
    I can relate to So much of your post. Feel free to add me Let lift each other up and drop these pounds!
  • king_laceyii
    king_laceyii Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You got this, every journey begins with the first step. The MFP community is great for support and tips to help you on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me!
  • tnpx3
    tnpx3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey Michelle! I'm totally with you. I could get surgery if I wanted to but I feel like I need to do this on my own. I just started a week or so ago. Feel free to add me!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Sorry you have no support. You can do this ensure you stick with it and log everything. Keep with it and good luck
  • crazed1more
    crazed1more Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We are here for you. Like King_laceyii said it starts with the first step, and sometime that is the hardest step of the journey. Sorry you don't have the support from home, but you do have us. How we can be here for you.