How do you log resteraunts that DO NOT have nutrition facts?

Options
There is this little small diner we go to every once in a while for breakfast, and i have no idea how to log the food? Its not really your"typical" breakfast: tiramisu pancake, pudding french toast...

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    guestimate as best you can, once in a while wont hurt your progress overall...
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I usually find something close and choose the highest calorie option.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I just eat at reataurants so infrequently that it doesn't matter. Those menu items sound amazing. :blush:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Look up recipes online ... find a recipe that comes close to matching what you ate ... use the nutritional values that recipe provides. And then add some just in case.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Just pick the most likely meal from a similar chain restaurant that is in the database.
    Eating out is always a swag and I expect there is significant variation between actual and posted nutrition on restaurants that do post it.

I saw a documentary where they compared posted nutrition against lab verified actual and most had significant variance. Use your eye and nudge the serving size up or down as you see fit. By just paying attention you are still building self awareness and working on your portion control.
  • shaneozouf
    shaneozouf Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Here is Canada they legally need to provide nutritional information when you ask. If you haven't tried asking, do that. Maybe see if they have a website. Calmly inform them that they should be providing that information