Replies

• jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Being tired.
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it it just life and people making you feel bad or dumping on you with their stuff.
  • YogaBookLady37
    YogaBookLady37 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Booze.
  • Andrea4456
    Andrea4456 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes, booze for sure!
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Mine is my health. Whenever I start feeling bad and need to rest and can't really exercise and struggle to have the energy to want to cook or clean after work it is really hard to get back into it, even after I start feeling better.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Emotions and stress! Had an emotional weekend and this morning had feelings of giving up. But, here I am with my egg white veggie omelette and my salad for lunch. #nevergiveup :blush:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    Options
    Injury. When I can't do as much as I'd like to physically, I sometimes don't scale back as much as I need to in food.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JasperMosley
    JasperMosley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For me, it's my depression and anxiety. My depression demotivates me, and my anxiety makes me not want to leave the house. Both contribute to my binge eating. When both get bad enough, I often throw up my hands and say, "forget this". I'm really working on my mental health alongside losing weight, because I know if I can get my mental health managed, losing and maintaining my goal weight will be easier.
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Once I skip one workout, the excuses just begin to pile up higher and higher for the next skipped workout, and then its a downward spiral from there.

For example, I am doing a 90 day challenge. I was 2 months in before I missed my first workout. Now, I'm half contemplating skipping 3 more due to a busy upcoming schedule. Sure I could make them up, or move the days, but just skipping them sounds so much better. (Ugh, my lazy brain.)
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Injuries... More specifically over use injuries...

As for diet... Seeing food go to waste has always been a trigger for me to overeat...

Still struggle with this, especially if I bought it
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with workouts but the food gets me every time. I get so tired of eating healthy, logging, monitoring etc. GOD it's so boring!!!! and I'm lazy.... I KNOW eating right is the key and I do pretty well for a while but I start to slide cause I'm tired of thinking up meals, preparing, cooking blech! I really wish someone else could do all that food prep crap for me!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I've never handled stress very well. If I get too stressed out I completely fall apart, and it doesn't really matter what the source of the stress is. I've fallen apart because of work. I've fallen apart from worrying over family member's health. I've fallen apart over losing martial arts tournaments. I've fallen apart from break ups.

In the end I always get back on the right path, but every once in a while I'll get so bent out of shape that I completely lose my drive to improve and regress back into stress eating and video games.
  • SashaQ1381
    SashaQ1381 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For me,

1) There is a long break in my regiment (3+ days), I start thinking, "That's it! This isn't going to work!" Then I start getting a little lax.

2) I am going through tough times and do not have time/will to cook at home, and suddenly those happy meals start to look inviting.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Lacking a goal or having a goal that is too far out that I can't really see the finish the line. So for example, I have a trip at the end of April and another in June and another in September. I have created goals for each one. And every time I hit a milestone, I get motivation to hit the next one. Before, I had one final goal and I never hit it.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Vacation. A week being away from home surrounded by good food and wine gets me off track every dang time!
  • Goddess0921
    Goddess0921 Posts: 91 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I lose momentum when I am feeling down or when I have stress

This.

For me, it's not eating. I've been good about eating well and not going off plan. But, it's working out. Once I stop, it takes major event to get me going again. I haven't exercised in weeks right now because I had a few really bad days - emotionally - and then I just couldn't get motivated again. I have my own weight room in my house, and I tell myself I need to workout every day...but I just don't...ugh. :/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Hormones, and when we hang out with friends and there are too many snacks and desserts around (but again... it's worse of an issue when hormone issues are involved).

About exercising though, it's never really an issue. I feel better if I watch my shows on the treadmill than on the couch, frankly, and when it's nice I do enjoy a nice walk or hike.
  • figureitout87
    figureitout87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses everyone! I've been half on, half off the wagon all week.

I met with a trainer to start a program this week, and for whatever reason I decided that I didn't need to be as on it as I had been. My trainer did say that this program will end up burning a lot, so hopefully he is right!

Luckily, I'm now committed to a 12 week strength program and will be held accountable. I hope this will help set some lasting habits.
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When Nothing seems to be working! And no what the weights are they all feel heavy! It's been a long road coming back from a bicep tare nothing seems to be working Just got to put the head down n get to work!
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    My mental illnesses, especially the depression, will knock me off track quick as you please.