Plateau!

Options
menaisnassuos
menaisnassuos Posts: 12 Member
edited April 2017 in Getting Started
Good morning everyone,
I wanted to share something and ask for your input. I started MFP again recently, starting at 240 Lbs, lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks ( 4 then 3) and I have been the same weight for the last 10 days. I eat about 2000 Calories a day, burn at least 500 using my iWatch. Is there anything I can do to rev up my metabolism?
Thanks for your input.

Replies

• cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. The scale is not a great indicator of progress. Keep doing the right things and the weight will come off. Try adding some physical activity to your regiment. Diet is only part of the equation. Walking is a fine place to start.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Amazing work so far! I agree with the above - wait it out, plateaus aren't unusual. How about other metrics? Are you losing inches? Is it getting easier to move around? Have you made your new choices into a habit?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Start logging the food you actually eat instead of using quick adds.
  • menaisnassuos
    menaisnassuos Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am not really measuring. I look a little better but I haven't been actually measuring. It is too early now to see if they became a habit or not. All I know is I am eating better, and I get full quicker now. I guess I just have to wait and see.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a "plateau" that wasn't due to logging issues. Looking at your diary it looks like there's lots of room for improvement to be more accurate. If your losses don't start up again I'd definitely start working on your logging - using a food scale for all solids, using the recipe builder, using accurate entries, limiting quick adds, logging everything that passes your lips.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Much of your initial loss was water weight, but at least it's motivational.

I'm guessing your TDEE is may be 2,400 cal / day, which gives you under a lb in loss per week. That level of loss won't show up every week due to random salt/water fluctuation.

Just stick with your plan and focus in on your meal planning and ensuring you log everything, so you aren't going over 2,000 per day calories in. Once you are in a good rhythm on planning/logging your food, you can decide if you want to have a more aggressive goal.