Diabetics need to reply

Options
I am wondering how many people on mfp are diabetics and who is using this program?

S

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I am wondering how many people on mfp are diabetics and who is using this program?

S

<
    Type 1 diabetic here (32 years now, zero complications) and I use an insulin pump.
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am and it working great for me..I joined the end of April and since lost 11lbs and went from 4 insulin injections dailey to 1..you can add me if you like
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Type 2 here
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    I'm a type 1 and using an insulin pump (which I absolutely love - and it's PINK!). I love this site! Feel free to add me as a friend, and don't hesitate to ask anything about diabetes, I will try to help as best I can!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm not a diabetic but my hubby is type 1, he's on this site but he doesn't post much. He's not on the pump, it sent him DKA to the hospital a few times, so he's taking the shots several times a day.

What's most difficult for him I think is that he's realizing if he'd just wake up and eat breakfast and bring more for lunch he wouldn't get so low right before dinner. I think it's more important for him even, to eat smaller more consistently timed meals. He's listened to me for years telling him this but to see it on MFP, to see when he gets low and where all his calories are at dinner...I think it's finally having an effect.

Also, he didn't realize how many calories were in steak lol
  • baynight
    baynight Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm type 1 since 1st year I was born (now I'm 32) and using an insulin pump since 2 days ago :)
    Looking forward to improve my health and lose weight.
    :flowerforyou: