A Rant - Work Related

Options
phoenixx866
phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
I've been doing pretty good on my weight loss journey. But sometimes, I don't feel like cooking and I'll instead buy a microwave meal, such as a FitChen, for my lunch.

For background, I work at a very small law firm where there's only about 6 of us. I also keep snacks at my desk such as protein bars and oatmeal.

Last week, I brought in a new FitChen that I haven't even tried yet. I put it in the freezer with the expectation to have it for lunch today (Monday).

I come in today to see all the things at my desk shuffled around, and a packet of oatmeal missing. To my horror, my FitChen is completely GONE!!!

When I generally brought it up, the response was to just get Checkers or McDonalds. Um????

What gives people the audacity to eat someone else's food that they brought in for themselves? That's so rude. This is a professional environment and I can't believe I have to deal with this childish nonsense.

What irks you in the work environment?

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    When someone steals the notes my mom leaves for me in my lunch bag.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    People amaze me.

If I put anything the freezer or refrigerator at work I out a sticky note with my name on it.

Not sure that it would stop someone if they really wanted it but at least they will know whose food they are eating.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    There are soooo many very petty things that irk me at my office, lol. Most related to common courtesy, or lack there of.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Had someone that kept stealing my sandwiches from work. A finely chopped up habanero in my sandwich stopped that.

:D:D Something I would do.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Vicious thieves .. setup some cameras and set them up for the next time.

• LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Do you have a weekend janitorial service?
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I leave my laptop, wallet, phone, headphones, etc all at my desk at work and my lunch either at my desk or in the fridge/freezer. Never had any of it disappear.

Listening to "drama" is what irks me. There's not a lot of that at my work or in my industry, but there's a woman over the cubical wall that always has something she's loudly complaining about... I know WAAAAY too much about her husband, son, student loans, weight loss efforts... ugh.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    It may not be a coworker... we had some issues with the cleaning crew that came twice a week.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You should Fart into your Fitchens from now on
  • TurnuptheACDC
    TurnuptheACDC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Just do the laxative trick and you'll sniff out the enemy.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Is it at all possible that it was an accident? Have you seen that brand in the freezer that wasn't yours? I always remember whats mine if I brought it that day, but if I bring a snack/lunch and end up not eating it til a day or two later, it can all get foggy...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    the fact i have to go to work at all irks me
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    Is it at all possible that it was an accident? Have you seen that brand in the freezer that wasn't yours? I always remember whats mine if I brought it that day, but if I bring a snack/lunch and end up not eating it til a day or two later, it can all get foggy...

This happened to me and I worry that I accidently ate someone's meal once, lol. Since then I initial my boxed meals so I know I'm not eating someone elses.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I keep my stuff in a lunch bag in the fridge. If someone feels they need to open my lunch bag and go thru it, they obviously needed my food more than me.

I have so many little things that irk my nerves at work. All of them around people's habits and lack of respect. Like this one guy clips his nails every other day at his desk. That sounds bugs the *kitten* out of me! I sit close to a coffee mess... people will congregate around the coffee machine and have loud conversations. I now sit at my desk with headphones and music, but sometimes I'll be on the phone and I hear all this going on.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Boxed food is bad for you. They did you a favor. I have my own office and I bring my lunch (that I make at home the night before). Explore meals that you can make in advance at home on the weekends that will endure for a week in your fridge at home. For example: Overnight oats, hard boiled eggs, apple slices with peanut butter, protein shake (breakfast). Hearty cold soup (like gazpacho or cucumber with yogurt and dill); crackers and tuna (or salmon or sardines); leftover keto pizza (coconut flour base). If you can't lock your desk, find a file drawer that is lockable and hide your snack stash inside of an old document box - that way your snacks are safe. I also like the idea of labeling your food if you do stick it in the fridge. Get a box of something like tofu burgers and use that box for your meal - people will be less likely to eat something like that. My biggest rant at work is people at my level (I am a senior manager) who don't "work". They don't load their own documents and they make excuses when they don't meet deadlines.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    Boxed food is bad for you. They did you a favor. I have my own office and I bring my lunch (that I make at home the night before). Explore meals that you can make in advance at home on the weekends that will endure for a week in your fridge at home. For example: Overnight oats, hard boiled eggs, apple slices with peanut butter, protein shake (breakfast). Hearty cold soup (like gazpacho or cucumber with yogurt and dill); crackers and tuna (or salmon or sardines); leftover keto pizza (coconut flour base). If you can't lock your desk, find a file drawer that is lockable and hide your snack stash inside of an old document box - that way your snacks are safe. I also like the idea of labeling your food if you do stick it in the fridge. Get a box of something like tofu burgers and use that box for your meal - people will be less likely to eat something like that. My biggest rant at work is people at my level (I am a senior manager) who don't "work". They don't load their own documents and they make excuses when they don't meet deadlines.

There's nothing wrong with having boxed/frozen meals every now and then (unless there's maybe a medical reason for restricting sodium).

I love the idea of putting it in a tofu burger box though, haha!!!!