Need a quick breakfast option

Options
I need a breakfast option I can eat in the car, i don't like shakes and smoothies usually, but I need something with some protein.

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    breakfast burrito. Hard boiled egg, cheese and salsa in a wrap.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I don't normally eat breakfast but from time to time I eat breakfast for lunch or dinner. A toasted english muffin with 2 egg whites and a slice of cheese is good protein, and fast. While my english muffin toasts I spray a large mug with pam, add 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg + a white. Microwave for a minute and it is ready to slide right onto my toasted muffin when it's done toasting. Wrap in a paper towel and eat in the car lol
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Egg burrito or sandwich, peanut butter sandwich, hard boiled eggs, string cheese, nuts.
  • fupthesides
    fupthesides Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I make kind of a bistro box. I pack it the night before that way I just have to grab it and run.
    Today I had:
    1 hard boiled egg
    14g lightly salted Almonds
    26g raspberries
    1 container of Oikos Triple Zero

I change it up sometimes. I have added a cheese wedge, strawberries, baby carrots, cold chicken/turkey/shrimp,or olives. I stay under 100g carbs per day. If you don't have any restrictions you could do more. Crackers/pretzels , Mini PB&J sandwich, apples, frozen waffle with pb on top.
  • Lizzy270116
    Lizzy270116 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Usually when I'm in a hurry and need to eat something I just grab a protein bar like the Maxi Nutrition ones, they have around 200 calories and have 23gr protein per bar and lots of vitamins added plus caffeine and L carnitine.
    You can always find a high protein yogurt or do your own protein smoothie (whey protein + fruit). :)

whi90lzl834v.jpeg
  • bensmom555
    bensmom555 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, my favorite breakfast: Toasted english muffin, morning star veggie Maple Sausage Patty, A touch of jam, and sometimes a fried egg. Tastes just like McDonalds and is about 300 calories! Portable, filling, and yummy!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Special K makes these flatbread breakfast sandwiches that are good. I had one the other day in the car when I didn't have time to make my usual cereal. It was a bacon, egg cheese on a flatbread. They would be easy to make, too, but the Spec K one you pop in the micrwave for a couple minutes and off you go.
  • motivated310
    motivated310 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Trail mix, belvita, almonds
  • michelemassotti
    michelemassotti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Make these the night before, put them in the fridge and enjoy them on the go. It's everything you would want for breakfast, but easy to carry around and snack on even in the car!

http://juliasalbum.com/2015/02/breakfast-egg-muffins-with-bacon-and-spinach/
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yogurt and fruit, i eat some form of it every morning. I should say greek yogurt bc I am diabetic and need max protein.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Quest protein shake 2 oz almond milk with either a) special k quiche (140 cals) OR a piece of flat-out flax fold-its schmeared withq Plain almond butter. Yum.
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like greek yogurt or a protein bar. Quest protein bars are my favorite. They taste pretty good and their values for fiber and protein are insane. (They do have erythritol (sp?) which can irritate some people's stomachs.) Mission 1 is another brand I like. The taste is not as good as quest in my opinion, but I think they have even more fiber if I remember correctly.

Another easy grab and go option is fiber one stuff - they have a peanut butter granola bar that's 90 calories and has decent protein and fiber. It's not as filling as the quest protein bars for me, but protein bars are kind of an acquired taste and probably not for everyone.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    Get up 20 minutes earlier so you can eat at home. Eating while driving is as much of a distraction as talking on the phone or texting. Both hands on the wheel and eyes on the road, please.

This.

Re5pext.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I need a breakfast option I can eat in the car, i don't like shakes and smoothies usually, but I need something with some protein.

Why do you need to eat it in the car? My quick breakfast is a bowl of cereal with two slices of toast. A boiled egg if I remember to put it on before I go to shower.
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    kikicooks wrote: »
    Egg burrito or sandwich, peanut butter sandwich, hard boiled eggs, string cheese, nuts.

Have used the Burrito option on an early morning airport run.
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    Get up 20 minutes earlier so you can eat at home. Eating while driving is as much of a distraction as talking on the phone or texting. Both hands on the wheel and eyes on the road, please.

Fully agree with this. Very rare for me to be too late for some form of breakfast at home. Even when I need to go in earlier than usual, I simply eat breakfast earlier than usual.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how many calories you are shooting for or how much protein, but here is what I opt for.

Due to my work schedule (evenings/nights) my sleep schedule is irregular and sometimes I don't get up until a few minutes before I have to leave to go get beat up by my personal trainer. I would skip eating until after my workout and my trainer let me know that this is not a good idea.

Personally, I now try to keep two options handy and I eat them on my way if I have to (usually I have the few minutes I need to eat them at home).

1. Ezekiel sprouted bread with peanut butter. I don't eat a ton of bread, so I keep my Ezekiel bread in the freezer. If I go this route, I toss a piece or two in the toaster to toast/defrost it. Once it pops out, I put a smear of peanut butter on it. With the peanut butter, there is minimal mess except for some bread crumbs.

2. Sandwich Bros Chicken Melt: I buy these from Sam's Club. I'm sure some people would avoid a processed chicken product like the plague, but.... Basically, they are half a pita bread, some cheese, and a chicken patty. They come in at 160 calories, 11g of protein, and 12g of carbs. There is no sauce or anything (basically breaded chicken and cheese) so they make a minimal mess. I keep them in the freezer, toss one on the plate, put it in the microwave for about 45 seconds, flip, and another 45 seconds, and viola, a small meal on the run.

I like some of the other ideas I have read on here. These are just what I use when I need some food in a hurry first thing in the morning.
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast everyday in the car at 7am. I make an egg white sandwich. Arnold sandwich thin , 4oz eggbeaters and a slice of cheese. Holds me until lunch at 11:30.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I used to have to wake up at 4 am to make it to work by 530 am (I had an hour commute). I bought frozen breakfast burritos, nuked them in the microwave while I brewed my coffee and ate it on the way... these literally saved my life and were absolutely delicious! You can also meal prep healthier homemade burritos over the weekend to save on calories (I was averaging 13 miles walking at my job so wasn't worried about calories :smile: ).