Have you tried Chia Seeds???

Options
Hey there - I hope your weekend is going well! Just wondering if any of you have tried Chia Seeds? I have the most amazing health food/ supplement shop near by and the gal that runs it is AMAZING...so when she said try chia seeds I bought them. They are Super good for you full of Omega - 3 good source of fiber..help keep you full. I put them in my yogurt, ice coffee, on salads. Check em out and let me know what you think. :bigsmile:

Replies

• jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options
    i love them, they def work with keeping you fuller. I forget what they're called but theres a chia seed nutrition bar it has dark chocolate on it, and is soooo yummy.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I measure them out and eat them with a spoon all by themselves. They chew really strangely in a good way. Delicious :)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hadn't heard of them till I got these new 5 seed crackers at costco. . lol
  • Zeeeleee
    Zeeeleee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Havent triede them, but Ive heard they are super good. Just wondering, what else can you eat them with?

I did find a chia seed brownie recipes at the supermarket :)
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Can you get them at normal grocery stores like Jewel/Dominics in the US?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Not heard of them, but will check them out. Sounds great. Thanks for sharing :bigsmile:
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can get them in the grocery store. But I bet a heathly type store, in California we have Henry's, Sprouts, Whole Foods. I bet GNC or any vitamin store would carry them.
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ch ch ch chia!
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    I've been adding two teaspoons to my muesli or yoghurt or muesli each morning for the last month along with LSA, psyllium husks and cinnamon and things in my guts have finally started moving :-)
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    I add them to my smoothies. I also make raw rice pudding with them too.
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    can they replace tapioca? i've heard of people making pudding out of them
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    going to go to my local health store and look into it! Thanks for the suggestion.