for all those starvation questions

Options
I was living on a 600 calorie diet for 2 months and it worked i lost weight BUT i was tired dragging myself around and came to realize i cant live my life like this and the scale reached a point where it wasnt moving anymore.. So i decided to up my calories and tyr and live a normal ifestyle.. i am still not at the 1,200 but gradualy trying to get there i am in the 900 cal range and since i have upped my caloires i have lost 2 pounds!!!! I am telling anyone who is in doubt its easy to be in the mind set of eating lss equals losing more BUT its not a way to live and as shown in previous threads NOT HEALTHY!!!!
I know people have posted expert opinions on this topic but i thought some would benefit in seeing one of their fellow MFP members going through it...

Replies

• FUZZBUZZ4
    Options
    I was living on a 600 calorie diet for 2 months and it worked i lost weight BUT i was tired dragging myself around and came to realize i cant live my life like this and the scale reached a point where it wasnt moving anymore.. So i decided to up my calories and tyr and live a normal ifestyle.. i am still not at the 1,200 but gradualy trying to get there i am in the 900 cal range and since i have upped my caloires i have lost 2 pounds!!!! I am telling anyone who is in doubt its easy to be in the mind set of eating lss equals losing more BUT its not a way to live and as shown in previous threads NOT HEALTHY!!!!
    I know people have posted expert opinions on this topic but i thought some would benefit in seeing one of their fellow MFP members going through it...
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Thank you FUZZBUZZ4 for putting that out there...it is so needed. People need to know how to diet, eat, and exercise correctly!!!:flowerforyou:

dd
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Thanks also for sharing this, I know it helps to hear it from someone who is "there" vs. someone who is not.:flowerforyou:
  • theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    thanks Fuzz
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story.
    Some people do intially lose alot of weight when cutting down to 1000 or below, I am not one of them. I barely dropped a couple pounds when I had my tonsils out and couldn't eat for 10 days!
    My diet is not nearly as drastic as yours, but you did what you thought best and learned from your experiences, good for you. Stay healthy and good luck in the future.
    I started my new eating and exercise habits on Jan 5th of this year. I stablized my calories at 1300-1600 from a sporatic 1000-3000? In additon to cutting calories, I added 30-120 minutes of cardio 7 days a week plus 30-60 min of strength 3 days per week. And after 4 weeks I didn't lose weight! So after being angry and frustrated, I decided to make a change and up my calories to 1500-1900. Finally the scale have crept down, about 2.5 pounds in 2 weeks.
    Everyone is different and we'll all have different results from doing the same thing. It takes time to adjust and find what works best for you. But not matter what we need to keep our bodies and minds fueled properly.