Day 1-finally, doing it just for me!

Options
Hi, fitnesspal peeps! I will be 40 this year and I have struggled with my self image all my life... I did not judge others, but I did compare myself with others. As I got older I would try to fit an image that was appealing to myself as I would like to be seen by others... at the late age of 36 (after my 4th and last child) I also realized the struggle was real and started to get satisfied with my heavier self and cared less about how I looked to myself and even less to others

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Doing it for yourself is the only way. It is never too late to work on your healthy side. If you take it one day at a time, are prepared for occasional days which test you even beyond your limit and get back to your plan you will achieve all you wish. You will not be in the same place in a few months that you are today.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Yes! that is the way! Put yourself 1st. Believe in yourself. Do it for yourself! I love that attitude.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I totally understand about not judging others but harshly judging myself . . .

This thread reminds me of this song, hope it'll make you smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2lmojePnA0