Student and Fitness

Options
Hiya,

I am a first year student who has found she has a lot of time on her hands and so has taken an interect in fitness! I love being active and pushing my boundaries.

I would love some help though. Although i am super disciplined at university, both with my eating and exercising, coming home I find myself unable to have the same focus as I have no gym to attend and am not in control of my diet.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to combat this? I work so hard for a month come home for 2 weeks and all my efforts are lost. My stamina is reduced, I gain weight and lose muscle. It's not alot. Hardly noticeable butility it bothers me - especially the stamina factor.

Would love to meet some equally minded people!

Liz

Replies

• shaneozouf
    shaneozouf Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz,

Feel free to add me as a friend. I hope I can provide some humor and ideas, accountability is important.

I'm not a student, and haven't been for years, but it got worse for me after college. I was sort of like you back then. For a few years I lost practice. Now I'm back into it and have been for a while.

The best solution I can offer right now is to do what you can, when you can. Try to walk at least 10000 steps a day, even at home. See if there's a local gym you can join. Worst case scenario, get some equipment, I bought a squat rack and a bench, as well as the bar and plates so I could do free weights at home.

Nutrition is also important. But you know that or you wouldn't be here. Send me a message if you want to talk!