6lbs in four weeks ??

Options

Replies

• eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've lost nine pounds in five months here and I'm over the moon happy. (I know that's extreme, but still...) It's staying off. Every day you don't gain it back is a victory. Congrats!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race, as they say. Besides, losing it slowly will not only help you to keep it off, you'll have a diminished risk of ending up with a lot of loose skin when you've met your goal.
  • BBBgettingfit
    BBBgettingfit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think it's great! I have lost only 5 pounds in about 16 weeks, so you're way ahead of me :)
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    Everyone is different. 6lbs is great :D

I've lost 5.2 in two weeks, but I have no doubt that it will slow down at some point, but it might stay the same. Who knows? Some people only lose .5 or 1 pound a week. It takes time, but have confidence!

If you're unhappy, maybe change up your workouts a bit. For example, I sometimes do 10-15 jumping jacks randomly without logging it. I just do little things to keep me going throughout the day, instead of sitting in my chair all day.

Good luck!
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think its great. Its coming off slowly and you'll keep it off. As long as you average a loss.. you are WINNING:flowerforyou:

Congrats:smile:
  • catmom2cj
    catmom2cj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. It has taken me 10 weeks to lose 11 pounds. I just try to keep reminding myself that this is a lifestyle change and not a race. Just keep a positive attitude about it. Keep up the good work.
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    I also lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks. I had hoped to lose 10, but I know realize that the most important thing is that I am doing it in a healthy way and I'm only moving forward. I know how you feel, but you are doing an amazing job. 6 lbs is almost equivalent to a 21,000 calorie deficit! It's amazing that you were able to restrict your diet by that much. keep it up!
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    I also lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks. I had hoped to lose 10, but I know realize that the most important thing is that I am doing it in a healthy way and I'm only moving forward. I know how you feel, but you are doing an amazing job. 6 lbs is almost equivalent to a 21,000 calorie deficit! It's amazing that you were able to restrict your diet by that much. keep it up!
  • aubry87
    aubry87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you're ever discouraged with your loss, go to the supermarket, put six pounds of apples or some other fruit/veg in the scale and look at how much it is! When you can actually SEE how much you've lost, it definitely helps!

This is a wonderful idea!!! I may do that this weekend!!
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Six pounds is 24 sticks of butter. You had 24 STICKS OF BUTTER hanging off of you that are now gone, gone, gone.
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When you're thinking about actual fat lost, remember that it's a net number. You likely lost more than six and added a bit of muscle. See, even better.
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    One pound a week is typical, so you're ahead of the game! You'll get there. Slow and steady wins the race!

DITTO! congratulations on your 6lbs
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are on track. I started MFP with a similar amount of weight to lose.

I lost 7.5 lbs my first month and 6 lbs my second month.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That sounds good to me. I have been on here and working hard for just over 4 months, 22 weeks and you can see I have lost 28 lbs. Sometimes early on i lost 3 or even 4 lbs per week, in the last 6 weeks I have lost only 7 lbs it has felt very slow but I'm exercising more and turning fat to muscle so actually people have noticed the change more these last 6 weeks than before that. Its really not just the number on the scales that counts :flowerforyou:
  • SweetTeaBlossom
    Options
    I was calorie counting incorrectly for 3 months and my weight loss stopped. I then got back on track and I've lost 12 pounds in 2 months. I've made peace with that fact that I'm not going to lose as quickly as some people here. I don't want to lose quickly because I don't want loose skin and I don't want to burnout from overdoing things. Slow and steady is the way to go.

3138468.png
  • nbeneby
    nbeneby Posts: 8
    Options
    You may be just like me! It takes a while for the pounds to show on the scale but I know I have lost inches! To motivate yourself : try measuring yourself in certain areas like your waist and thighs. Though my scale is not saying that much as yet, I know that my clothes are looser and I am looking better. Keep up the good work! :laugh:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If you're ever discouraged with your loss, go to the supermarket, put six pounds of apples or some other fruit/veg in the scale and look at how much it is! When you can actually SEE how much you've lost, it definitely helps!

What a great idea!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    i've lost an average of 1 lb per week. great job! :)
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I think that is a good start. I have been on MFP 7 weeks, and lost 7 lb, but I set 1 lb/ week loss calorie budget.
    You are losing 1.5 lb/ week , which is great speed. Unless you are 300+ I do not think you should go any faster then this.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race!

YES!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!