WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?

Options
I lift weights 5-6 days a week and even though my body is amazing I never look like a she-hulk!!!! WHY DO I NEVER GET EXTREMELY RIPPED?!? :( Ive hired countless trainers that were the "best" and never turned into a muscle machine. Im just a skinny fit girl :(

Replies

• jusjoking
    jusjoking Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    pics? maybe post a pic of what u consider to be "she hulk" and/or "extremely ripped". Chances are that a lot of the girls you post pics of will be using some performance substances to get that look
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Do you want to be "ripped" or have big muscles? Ripped to me is being lean... And getting big muscles is something that takes time, and spending periods of time not being lean, from eating in a surplus to encourage muscle growth.

As girls, natural muscle gain will be incredibly slow. There is nothing wrong with you! Your training style can also determine your results.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    jusjoking wrote: »
    pics? maybe post a pic of what u consider to be "she hulk" and/or "extremely ripped". Chances are that a lot of the girls you post pics of will be using some performance substances to get that look

Plus pumped up and photoshopped...
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This is my goal x53s93uivvgf.jpg
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    This is me now :(ushrqqc0ysr0.jpg
  • jusjoking
    Options
    jusjoking wrote: »

Plus pumped up and photoshopped...

yeah, nevermind if they are on a pro photoshoot to start with. Most of what is being pushed out isnt even reality

and/or, they reach a certain "peak" condition for about a week, maybe 2x per year and they do tons of photoshoots at that time. They dont keep an extreme ripped look year round. Not even close
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    That picture was taken today after I ate a large breakfast and had 4 cups coffee and 3 bottled waters... so Im a bit bloated but its close enough.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    That picture was taken today after I ate a large breakfast and had 4 cups coffee and 3 bottled waters... so Im a bit bloated but its close enough.

How long have you been lifting?

• cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

5 years weightlifting but I got pregnant, lowered my weights a tiny bit and took a 3 month break after he baby.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

5 years weightlifting but I got pregnant, lowered my weights a tiny bit and took a 3 month break after he baby.

Has your trainers ever introduced bulk and cut cycles for you? Have you just been basically maintaining weight through 'maintenance calories' hence doing recomp?
  • ProfessorPupil
    ProfessorPupil Posts: 76 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have learned from a lot of very successful people on this website (female bodybuilders that are moderators or group leaders after years of maintaining) is that:

1) when posing for pics, the muscles often look bigger and more extreme in the photo than they do in real life

2) Some people seriously have a hard time gaining weight. It involves a whole process, just like losing weight, but even if you do everything right, you may not get the results you want to the extreme you want.

There was this really good documentary from the BBC that I watched a bit back. They paid naturally thin people to come and live at their facility and then they did everything they could to get them to gain weight. (The second half was a study on getting them to lose the weight again.)

They were limited on how many steps they could take per day, and had to eat a ton of calories.

One thing they discovered is that some people in the study just would not gain weight. They would, at best, gain a very small amount that was very evenly distributed over their body, so it didn't look like they gained anything at all.

Their body would do things like increase body temperature, or shake their leg while they sat, fidget around, etc

Between the changes the body made to compensate and the even distribution of the small amount of weight they gained, they basically appeared to be unable to gain weight.

(While others in the study gained like 70 lbs)

If you are not getting enough calories and you have a body that fights to stay thin, you will have a really hard time.

Anyway, this was a long post I guess, sorry..

The tldr: some people have a harder time gaining weight than others, but if you want to get the best you're capable of, you need to learn the process bodybuilders go through with their calorie consumption and make sure you're eating enough calories and protein and doing everything right..
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options

Has your trainers ever introduced bulk and cut cycles for you? Have you just been basically maintaining weight through 'maintenance calories' hence doing recomp?

Yes. I hired the best of the best to train me for NPC, her body was like she-hulk. She was amazing. I never turned into her. My butt got a bit rounder and that was it.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I will say there are no guarantees you will look like the model in the pic. a lot of it has to do with genetics,but if you arent eating in a surplus and lifting heavy then you wont build muscle,you didnt say if you are bulking or in a deficit. it also takes time to build muscle.its a lot of hard work,dedication and so on to accomplish those things.

• RoxieDawn
    Options

Yes. I hired the best of the best to train me for NPC, her body was like she-hulk. She was amazing. I never turned into her. My butt got a bit rounder and that was it.

How many bulk and cut cycles have you done? Were you able to put on muscle mass though a calorie surplus?

You do realize that the right lifting program, a lot of patience and time is needed. I read Bella bio and she workouts like a beast and eats like one too.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    I will say there are no guarantees you will look like the model in the pic. a lot of it has to do with genetics,but if you arent eating in a surplus and lifting heavy then you wont build muscle,you didnt say if you are bulking or in a deficit. it also takes time to build muscle.its a lot of hard work,dedication and so on to accomplish those things.

Until 7 months after the baby I was eating up to 12 large cupcakes a day. So I guess you can call that gains... i was lifting weights after 3 months almost every day. Since then I focused on leaning out by not eating sugar and while eating a ton of protein.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

Until 7 months after the baby I was eating up to 12 large cupcakes a day. So I guess you can call that gains... i was lifting weights after 3 months almost every day. Since then I focused on leaning out by not eating sugar and while eating a ton of protein.

so are you in a deficit or not? its hard to build muscle and lose fat at the same time. so that may be your issue.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    So after 7 months I was focused on leaning out. Im 13 months post partum.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

While you may never look exactly like this, with very very hard work and whole lot of time you can build muscle.
    The right strength training program designed to put on mass along side a diet meant to help you build muscle is what you should be talking to your trainers about.

Recomp is a very slow process, it takes a whole lot of time to build muscle and very slowly when doing this method.
  • jusjoking
    Options
    just on the surface of it....that other girl is very tanned and in your pic you are pale. That makes somewhat of a difference

Also it would help you to find out that girls stats as far as height/weight

if u had pics under similar conditions u might not be THAT far away from her