Day 15

Options
:) It's day 15 of the start of my journey and this is the second time I've tried to really get a workout in. I'm a big girl. I see all these small people in this community board and think, "they must all think I'm a wimp!" But, again I'm just beginning and not once have any of you said anything negative. I want to say THANK YOU! Having an office job is the worst but I was given an elliptical machine by a friend and y'all just don't know how happy I am! The other day, my husband and I went for a walk and I told y'all I cried. This was after 15 mins of walking down the street! I cried in shame. But, again everyone of you said just what my husband said "you have to crawl before you walk." I'm so proud that it's been 15 days and I've stuck with it but now, I'm even more motivated to have something in my home to help me. Thank you to all of you who have given me a word of advice and kindness. My cup runneth over.

Replies

• jetsman37
    jetsman37 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyone starts somewhere. Just stick with it!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Congrats :heart: So many people get caught up in the total lifestyle overhaul, all or nothing approach. But small steps can have big results over time. Keep being proud of every step, and try not to judge yourself for the occasional step back - because it will happen, it happens to everyone. Just keep course correcting so you are headed in the right direction and you'll get there! Best of luck :drinker:
  • Erica45011
    Erica45011 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you do much! You're 100% right. I'm already feeling so much better, just in general. My attitude is better and I'm not feeling so down and out. Even though I'm just beginning. It's amazing what 3-4 weeks of eating right and getting very little exercise has done for me. I'm really in shock! But I'm happy!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Keep that consistency up :smile:
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You got this! My motto has been "Keep showing up and good things will happen." Meaning, stick with it. Start small and manageable and before you know it, you will see changes!