Question of the Day-Day 1

Options
2»

Replies

• brocflores
    brocflores Posts: 111
    Options
    Many things but one thing that really opened my eyes was pictures ugh I got to the point where I hated taking pictures. I have 2 children 9, and 4 yrs old they keep me busy and I hate always telling them "I'm tired" and seeing there frowns and them saying your always tired mommy. I've lost 25lbs but I keep losing the same 3lbs then gaining the same 3lbs I've hit a plateau but I'm not stopping here!! My journey continues!!!
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! :bigsmile: It sounds like a lot of us can relate to almost everything each of us has posted!!! I too am borderline with health problems such as high blood pressure and want to be a great role model for my children. I know that all of us can lose lose lose even if we have hit a plateau or some days feel down in the dumps. We can do this! We have to for our health, our family and also very importantly OURSELVES!!! Way to go everyone on your success already! Keep pushing everyone else :)

P.S. Can't wait for tomorrow's question :happy:
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of weighing in at my doctor's office and him telling me I need to lose weight. I also hate it when he tells me my blood pressure, cholesterol and everything else is fine, and that he can't see why when I am at the weight I am.

I'm sick of not wanting to do things because I'm the fat girl.

I'm sick of stupid people staring at me when I tell them I do a competitive, high energy sport - looking at me like I don't belong on that stage with all the skinny girls. I also hate that my mum (who makes the costumes for everyone anyway) has to make mine completely different and then spend hours making it look the same as everyone else's.

I'm sick of not being able to shop in normal shops. I just want nice clothes!!!

I'm sick of feeling stuck in this body - it's not mine and I don't know why I've let myself be trapped in here for so long.

My life WILL change this year. It's only a year. I can do this.
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    :smile: Well where to start, I just had heart bypass four blockages. My sugar is out of control. So I started a cardiac program.
    I go 3 times a week and work out for a hour. Lost 5 pounds and 2 pants sizes. I noticed how good I felt after each workout. Refreshed, Energized I loved it. But I still have weight to lose. I have to watch my sigar intake so I needed a calorie counter to keep track. I found MFP on my phone and it is great I love it. I like having the support as well as being supportive. healthy choices is a way of life for me now. I want to be a inspiration to my Kids,My Family. I also defeated the nicotine demon after 45 years!
    I have been smoke free for 3 months! So I know we can all do this, Good days and Bad days hopefully tomorrow will be another day. Glad to be here with all of you and Don't mind being a LOSER!!!
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    In random order, my top 10:

1. When I bent over and one of my fav shorts split and the button flew off-at the mall. Why don't these things happen at home??!!
    2. I was able to babyoil myself and slipped into my clothes and of course have the "floatie" hanging out over of my pants.
    3. Both my parents are diabetic ( runs down the family tree on both sides) and have high blood pressure
    4. I will soon be taking my licensing exam (health care field) and therefore will be looking for a job in a near future and I can't help people when I'm out of breath~ what kind of example is that??!!
    5. My kids- I hate that I get so winded so fast. I need to be there for them while they are young.... period!
    6. For me. I deserve more than what I'm getting. More time and energy, more love and attention to myself, from myself. I always put family before me. Now, it's me time too!!
    7. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired and I refuse to buy clothes but when I see something I really really like, I will buy it in a smaller size. NOT a size i can squeeze into, a size that makes me work harder to get there!!
    8. It's silly but I want to look down and be able to see ALL of me, not just the tip of my toes. (you know what I mean?! LOL)
    9. I hate taking pictures and hiding behind people-where you only see my head or if I can't hide, i tell them to count to 3 so i can suck in my gut to hide the rolls, stick out my butt and arch my back, stick out my neck to hide my chins, tilt it so to stretch out one side all while smiling and thinking "omg take then dang picture already.. how long does it take to count to 3!!!??!!"
    10. Because, although it's cute hearing it from my son when we take a nap together, I really don't wanna hear "you're soft and squishy like a pillow mommy".
  • shawnalaufer
    Options
    I am finally getting the breast augmentation surgery I have wanted since I was 16 years old. I should be getting it either December of this year or the beginning of the new year. And if I am going to spending $4000 on something like that, you can be sure I am going to make sure the rest of my body is looking just as fine!

Check out my profile and blog for more on this.
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mine is sort of a long story... And a bit difficult for me to talk about. But here goes.... I have never been thin. I wore plus sizes in Jr. high. I got pregnant with my first son at the drop of a hat, and gained about 50 pounds which never came off. When he was 3 we started trying for #2, and I couldn't get pregnant. No reason behind it, it just didn't happen. After 3 years of trying, I decided to lose some weight. Almost 80 pounds later, I was pregnant. I gained all the weight back, and my husband and I have been talking about #3. At this point, I don't even know if we will try. But I do know that I am sick and tired of allowing my weight to dictate how I live my life. I refuse to let me body hold me back from having more children if I so desire... Or from being active with the kids I HAVE been blessed with... Or from wearing the clothes I want... Or from ANYTHING! I am ready to take my life back. I gave myself to obesity for too long. And now it is time for me to get myself under control so that I can decide how to spend my life,rather than having my weight dictate that for me.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    What inspired you to start this journey to weight loss victory?

Well for starters my youngest sister died at age 33, then my oldest brother died at age 42 exactly one week later. Both had diabeties, heart problems and both were well over 300 lbs. And while I was the smallest at 240lbs. I was no where near healthy. I've been sitting at a desk job for 13 years. So I thought if I don't get my ish together soon, I could very easily be next. I decided that I wanted to lose 40 lbs. by the time I turned 40. Didn't quite make it to 40, but I did lose 25 lbs. and I feel better now than I did when I was 30.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    wow i relate to so many of these posts in no particular order here are some of my reasons

1. i have a hot husband and i want to be his hot wife ( i hate thinking people are thinking wow what is he doing with her?? )

2. i weigh about 50 pounds more then my husband

3. i want to be able to keep up with my kids in everything they do

4. i hate the clothes in the plus size section

5. my husband and i want to renew our vows ina little over 2 years with a real wedding ( because i felt to fat we just went to the courthouse ) and i want to be seriously hot in my wedding dress

6. i hate always being the fat girl
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

P.S. Can't wait for tomorrow's question :happy:

Me either! Bring it!
  • DaFrogRibbit
    DaFrogRibbit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Honesty to be more attractive. I was a fat slob. I was extremely unhappy in the relationship i was in. When i ended it i told myself no one wants to be with a fat slob. Therefore i proceeded to watch what i ate and lost quite a bit of weight. I still have 20 -30 lbs to go. Which seems to be the hardest. I still find that i am an emotional eater and until i come to terms with those issues then i feel that i am doomed to gain back all the hard work i have put into this journey.
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    When I went to the docs and had to have an MRI but was to fat to fit into the machine!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    I have lost and gained many time before...this time it will be the last

1) for me

also to be around longer for my children
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    wow i relate to so many of these posts in no particular order here are some of my reasons

1. i have a hot husband and i want to be his hot wife ( i hate thinking people are thinking wow what is he doing with her?? )

2. i weigh about 50 pounds more then my husband

3. i want to be able to keep up with my kids in everything they do

4. i hate the clothes in the plus size section

5. my husband and i want to renew our vows ina little over 2 years with a real wedding ( because i felt to fat we just went to the courthouse ) and i want to be seriously hot in my wedding dress

6. i hate always being the fat girl

Wow Amber we sound so much alike!!! I have the exact same feelings about my fiance! I feel like everyone looks at me like eeww why is he with her lol I also wanna look good in my wedding dress for when we do get married! I would hate to look back at my wedding pictures and say ugh look how fat I was! I am also bigger then my fiance! Good luck with your journey! I know you can do it ;)
  • TruckerChick
    TruckerChick Posts: 263
    Options
    I missed the question of the day yesterday but I'm going to chime in now, if that's okay (or course it is!! LOL)

I have been gaining weight since I hit puberty. I'm 44 now and somewhere in my 30's I decided that I was okay with who I was and what I looked like as long as I was healthy. I was still doing things like playing basketball with my kids, and hiking the canyons with my husband. My heaviest weight was 325. I was able to bring that down to 260 with a fad diet. It didn't take long to get back up to 280. That, by the way, is where I have lived most of my adult life... at 280. In 2007 I took a job that made me more active than I had been in a really really long time. I had had desk jobs for so long, that I was getting secretary's butt, but I couldn't see it, so I didn't really care. Remember, I had come to terms with the fact that I was fat and would be fat for the rest of my life, and I was okay with it. Then my aunt, who has been obese for as long as I've known her, had bariatric surgery. I was going to prove that I could lose the weight without the surgery. Well, I did, but I didn't. I lost about 20 pounds. Right about that time is when I got the job cleaning pools. My first summer I lost 50 pounds! I couldn't believe it!! I was so happy... I had found the answer... or so I thought. That first winter, I gained back 60 pounds. Dammit! I also learned that working in the cold cold air during the winter was not fun with my arthritis. I wasn't sure I would make it through another winter. But, I made it through my 2nd summer losing only 35 pounds. I was okay with that because I was losing slower this time. But going into winter made me a little leery. Fortunately, I only gained back 15 pounds. And so went the following year as well. In the meantime, my aunt (who had the surgery) was having complications - from the surgery then from her diabetes - and she was getting so bad that she was no longer ambulatory. So I quit my job and moved to Idaho to take care of her. Too late. She passed away this past May. In the meantime, I quit smoking in January. That coupled with the move to Idaho where I have no job and nothing to do, I have gained 35 pounds and am this close to 300 pounds again.

Bottom line ... I want to stop, once and for all, this yo-yo-ing of my weight!!! Lose then gain then lose then gain. I took the first step to getting healthy by quitting smoking. That helped me to gain the weight that I had so meticulously lost the previous summer but at least that beast is off my back. Now, I need to get this other beast off - I need to not be morbidly obese anymore!!

I found this site because my cousin is here. I thought I would check it out and see what it was all about.
    I'm glad I took that step!

So, this is like day 6 for me... not nearly as far into it as most of you are... but I"m willing to do the work and put in the effort. And I really like the support I"m getting! So, thank you, Mike, for continuing to post your results on facebook, and thank you MFP for becoming my new best friend!!
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    I missed the question of the day yesterday but I'm going to chime in now, if that's okay (or course it is!! LOL)

So, this is like day 6 for me... not nearly as far into it as most of you are... but I"m willing to do the work and put in the effort. And I really like the support I"m getting! So, thank you, Mike, for continuing to post your results on facebook, and thank you MFP for becoming my new best friend!!

So YES of course you can "chime in" the day after better late than never :) and I am on day 5 so we can totally relate!! MFT is becoming my best friend too! Can't belive it took so long to find it :heart:
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    Oops I meant MFP!!!
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I had a baby, and one day was looking through pictures of me and him and decided I didn't want him to have a mommy that looked like that! That was 45 lbs. ago. Also, my boyfriend is very tiny (like 5'5 and 130 lbs.) I HATE being bigger than him!
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    A breast cancer scare..............not diagnosed with cancer but with atypia. There are only a few things in my control to help my health and these are exercising, improving my diet, controlling stress, and losing weight. So my time is now.
  • bell33usx2
    bell33usx2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    A lot of the same as everyone else. Diabetic but have lost enough to come off of insulin and pill. My wake up call was when I was sitting in the bariatric surgeons office. I was there to start the process for the lapband surgery. It was OK because I felt that wasn't a very drastic surgery. When the surgeon told me I was a better candidate for the gastric sleeve I was like, "WHAT?" For some reason the whole thought of having something like that seemed serious. I know crazy! This whole food addiction thing is. Anyway, I came home and cried and cried and realized I didn't even know the person in the mirror anymore. I'm in this shell of fat and I'm aching to get out. I've become more active and LOVING every minute. I will never go back to where I was. I have a long way to go but mentally and emotionally I've come a long way already. I'm excited! I finally feel like I'm living. :bigsmile: