Heavy but hopeful

Options
pcook410
pcook410 Posts: 16 Member
Hello! I am a new member of MFP, but I'm not new at all to dieting. It seems like I've been on some sort of diet all my life. I must have been born fat! Anyway, I'm really enjoying the tools available here. The extensive database of foods is impressive. The reason I joined was to have a support group to hold me accountable. Several of my dear friends have also joined to give me that accountability.

I want to browse the forums and get to know others of you, too. Right now I'm trying to lose as much weight as I can before scheduling hip replacement surgery. So far this year I've lost 30 pounds, but I'd like to lose about 40 more before the surgery.

Thank you for letting me join you here.

Pat.

Replies

• jenc79
    jenc79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

30lb is a pretty good start, so congratulations on that first of all! With a bit of luck unloading your hip will ease your symptoms a bit too!

I've only just started using the site too, but finding it very useful so far.

Where are you based?

Jen
    ps feel free to add me
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, PCOOK! You've found a really great site (which you've already figured out). Good luck on your journey.
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hello glad to have u here at our mfp. My self i have a long way to go ; im here for u if u need a friend.
  • pcook410
    pcook410 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I live in Houston, Jen. Where are you based?

Pat
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pat!!
  • jenc79
    jenc79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Gosh, other side of the world - south west England!
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    30lbs is one awesome start - you keep doing this and you will both feel and be better PLUS your life over all will improve!

Thanks for sharing! ;-)
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    First of all - great start, that's great!

I've been on here for about 2 weeks and finding it great so far everyone is full of advice and support :)

Good luck - feel free to add me :o)
  • strusdell
    strusdell Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I too am new to mfp and so far have found the site quite useful. I wish I would have started using the site back in Feb. when I started my diet. So far to date I have lost a total of 28 pounds. I hope to lose another 47 pounds in the upcoming months. I don't know about anyone else's reasons behind dieting outside of the fact that everyone wants to live healthier but I have a personal motive too. My husband and I have been trying to concieve for awhile now with no luck. We have a nine year old but want a second. I am only 29 and couldn't understand why it has been so hard to get pregnant. My husband and I both have been to the doctors and have had all kinds of test and basically everyone seems to think if I would just lose weight my body will start producing the hormones needed to get pregnant and the right levels for there is no other reason why we have been unsucessful. See I currently weigh more now then I did 9 mnths pregnant with my first child. My current weight is 215.5 and when I got pregnant with our daughter I only weighted 165. Heck at 9 mnths I never even hit the 200 mark so I have issues being this heavy now, but the weight is coming off slowly and surely now that I am determined to do something about it. Well I wish everybody sucess as they meet their weight loss goals and I am sure I will frequent more message boards in the future
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Friend request sent.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have done WW twice, but this is much more user friendly, and for the first time I'm including exercise into my program, which I'm staying on for life. I think the mistake with a lot of diet plans is that once you hit your goal, you're on your own. With this program, I can make maintenance, (when I get there), a way of life!

Welcome!
  • SimplySonja
    Options
    I remember those days - I have two children - but it took a while to conceive. I wish you the best! If you need more accountability and someone to chat with I have a fitness motivation site on Facebook - Simply Active Sonja. It is a place to encourage, motivate and ask questions.

I love my fitness pal - I gained 85 pounds with my second child - I was a size 2 before pregnancy - so MFP has been helpful.

Sonja
  • SimplySonja
    Options
    I have also done WW. But, the thing is - I would rather know calories that work for me - rather than points. I think WW is great, but long term - what if they change their system again and I don't eat the right amount of points,

What kind of exercise do you do? I am a fitness coach and exercise at home and will soon do Free Fit Clubs in my community. Curious what works for other people.

Do you like exercise?

I have a facebook site - Simply Active Sonja - meant to motivate, encourage and hold people accountable. Fun site, no judgement. Hope to see you there.

Sonja