Pizza!

Options
HappieRosy
HappieRosy Posts: 53 Member
I've been craving pizza so much! (Not the calories though!) I decided to try out the infamous 'cauliflower crust' to see what the hype is all about...and the result was AMAZING!

The crust:
250g of cooked puréed cauliflower (water squeezed out)
1 x Medium egg
20g grated Parmesan cheese

Toppings started with tomato purée and then topped with veggies of my choice and I used philadelphia light as a cheese substitute.

Cooked base for 15 mins and then another 10 mins with toppings (I prefer bases softer so would double those times if wanting a crunchy base.

ALL AT 320 calories INCLUDING A SIDE SALAD!! p8edizitzmj1.jpg

Replies

• aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this!!! Pizza has been a huge craving the past few days. I've heard about the cauliflower crust but never tried it. I've never seen it though until your picture and it looks way better than I imagined in my head!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious!!! I need to try this soon!!
  • F1uffy2
    F1uffy2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    May need to try this. Looks delish
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    HappieRosy wrote: »
    I've been craving pizza so much! (Not the calories though!) I decided to try out the infamous 'cauliflower crust' to see what the hype is all about...and the result was AMAZING!

The crust:
    1 x Medium egg

Toppings started with tomato purée and then topped with veggies of my choice and I used philadelphia light as a cheese substitute.

Cooked base for 15 mins and then another 10 mins with toppings (I prefer bases softer so would double those times if wanting a crunchy base.

That's awesome...
    I think pizza craving most of the time is just about the salt...

I prefer to make it myself, just like you did... <3
  • Lukas_DAV
    Lukas_DAV Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How does it taste with this much cauliflower?
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yum, I haven't made this in awhile. Looks so good.
  • HappieRosy
    HappieRosy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Lukas_DAV wrote: »
    How does it taste with this much cauliflower?

Strangely the cauliflower doesn't have much of a taste! I think it's due to squeezing all the water out and the flavourous toppings! :)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    My pizza is a Flatout Flatbread with pizza sauce spread on. Add onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, diced cauliflower, spinach, cilantro, etc as desired. Top with a bit of cheese. Bake till veggies soft. About 250 calories.
  • Vihisha
    Vihisha Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza crust...Hmmm...This is something I've never heard of... But I'm quite intrigued!!
  • Bunch_of_nuts
    Bunch_of_nuts Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of the cauliflower crust. Taste too eggy to me.
  • gmstevens37
    gmstevens37 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing! I wish cauliflower wasn't $5 a head :(
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I commend your artistry.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    HappieRosy wrote: »

The crust:
    1 x Medium egg

I WANT THAT!!!! lol
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    You're all better than me because when I want pizza I just order it and work out more to make it fit.

Agreed. That looks tasty enough, I guess (I've never attempted cauliflower crust and probably never will), and but is not what I think of when I want pizza! Give me ooey gooey carby goodness, please.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower. In fact in love with it. The thing is, this is the kind of thing I would consider making if I felt like eating cauliflower and tomato sauce. If I wanted pizza, this would never do. Bread is what makes a pizza a pizza and in my opinion it's the most important ingredient.