10 lbs in a month?

Options
I'm 125 lb right now. Is it possible to lose 10 pounds with 8km of biking a day, at least 1000 meters of swimming a day, and keeping to 1200 calories (cutting out breads & pastas)?

Any other tips would be great!

Replies

• eternallyemma
    eternallyemma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". I have DD breasts so I'm really trying to tone and lose some weight. I get that 10 lbs is a lot to lose, but also it's just a "goal" to have something to strive towards. If I tone up, lose body fat, and gain muscle but am still 125 that's okay too. The 10 lbs was more of a ... A unattainable goal for curiosity sake if it's possible to do.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    The biking and swimming will not get you the muscle definition you are looking for. Great for cardio and muscle retention though.

Eat at a deficit of .5 lbs a week ( the appropriate goal for your height and weight) and start some type of resistance work. There is a good thread in the gaining forum- 'which lifting programme is best for you' which you may find helpful.

Also as you have little to lose but are looking for a better body composition the 'recomp' (sorry can't remember the title) thread in the maintenance for may interest you.

If that is you in your avatar you look great.

Cheers, h.
  • stevet621
    stevet621 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Is it attainable? Sure. But, I feel as though you would have to crash diet and it can be really unhealthy for you to lose weight that quickly at your body weight.

I would aim for somewhere around 1 pound per week on a slight deficit. I agree with Blitzia. Incorporate strength training into your program while on a mild deficit. Progress is a process, don't rush and enjoy it!

Good luck!
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose aim to lose 0.5 pounds a week and eat the calories that myfitnessspal reccomends. 125 not sure about your height but for some heights this is within a normal weight. Consider instead of trying to lose weight but to maintain the weight you have and add in strength training to have a toned body.

I wold recommend this over weight loss body recomposition.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an unnecesary torture to me. I'm losing 2lbs per month myself and I'm 139lbs.

Also setting such an outrageous goal will only make you feel an underachiever. Set a reasonable goal.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    You have a BMI of 20, you don't need to lose weight, and losing ten pounds would put you right at the bottom of the healthy weight range. Instead you may want to focus on doing a recomp - eating at maintenance whilst doing some sort of progressive strength training (even bodyweight to start with). You will lose fat and gain muscle whilst staying around the same weight (but appear slimmer). It's going to take a lot longer than a month though.