Getting started

Options
I am ready to make some changes. With as busy as life is, I need to take a step back and get healthy. I am going to turn 50, I have a granddaughter about to be born in late August or early September...so I am motivated. I just find myself tiring out too soon in the day, and I am not eating well...and I am gaining chins. So, enough of that. Let's get started!

Replies

• ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    Options
    Hi! And, welcome to the party! I know how you feel. I just turned 50 last year and already had a grandaughter. My grandson was born in march of this year. I want to be the "fun" grandma. the one who can run and play with them not just sit in a chair and read and watch t v with them. I would like to set a good example of what living healthy is! If you want to add any friends on your journey, feel free to add me! Best of luck with your new lifestyle!:drinker:
  • abrs1649
    abrs1649 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm a new member as well. I just turned 50 a month ago. I too have a busy life and found myself with little to no energy at the end of the day. I got a wake up call at the MD's office last week with regard to my health and found this site shortly there after. I do hope life get better at 50. Congrats soon to be grand dad! Thus far, I have found this site to be a great tool for losing weight. The message boards are awesome. The members provide alot of support and encouragement.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hey to all you 50 year olds!! I turned 50 in October of last year. I love this site. I don't have much to lose, but I like to watch what I eat and log my exercise just to be sure that I am staying on top of my health. MFP is very helpful in my keeping track of things, and the message boards provide support, motivation, and they let us all know that we are not alone. Feel free to friend me if you want support from someone else born in the 60's!! Good luck to all. We can do it :wink: