Help!!!

Options
So I'm down almost 100 since last January with weight watchers and exercise. I just can't seem to get the last 6 off so I decided to
Start tracking macros to make sure I'm eating enough and eating the proper percentages. I average 25000 steps per day yet I was eating around 1200 calories per day when I converted everything to calories over ww points.

So- have eaten more than I've eaten in a LONG time the last four days, using my Fitbit hr to track activity, and have left 600-700 calories on the table everyday. Macros on point. Weighed myself this morning and up two pounds?!

Yes I drink a ton of water- like 130 oz per day. But again?! Suggestions? I wanted to lose, not gain!

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    When watching macros you still need to watch calories.

If you were still ok with calories it may be fake weight gain in the form of water retention or increased food mass in stomach.
  • mommykate74
    mommykate74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can't eat all the calories it wants me to eat. I've maxed out at 1700 each day but those 1700 have balanced macros. With it adding my exercise calories in (but set to lose 2
    Per week) I fee like i am eating too much...
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss . I would say. Keep tracking and adjust as you need to . All the numbers you see are just guidelines . The scale and what you count are what matters

Good luck
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    As you near your goal the weight loss slows considerably. When you calculated your calories did you count all veggies and fruit? WW gives you those free but your body counts every calorie. It is unlikely you would gain on 1200 calories unless you are completely inactive (bedridden?). Macros won't make you lose weight. It is helpful to measure them to ensure you are getting a balanced healthy diet but your body simply stores excess calories as fat no matter what they are made of.
  • mommykate74
    Options
    I measure count and track every bite I eat. I exercise a lot and am seeing a major difference between calories i should eat and ww points.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    If you have six pounds to go, and are trying to lose 2 per week, most experts will tell you that it's probably too aggressive.

With respect to a 2# increase over 4 days, fluid retention is most likely the culprit - unless you are eating substantially more than 1700 calories a day - more like 3500 per day....which I doubt.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! That's amazing!

Do you use a food scale? You're going to have to be spot on, down to the last gram, as you get closer to goal.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you've been eating under 1200 cals for along time then it'll be the weight of extra food plus water from higher carbs.

if you have 6lb sto lose you should be working with a deficit of 0.5lbs per week, not 2lbs.

what are your stats?
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I measure count and track every bite I eat. I exercise a lot and am seeing a major difference between calories i should eat and ww points.

I found the same thing. I was a WW member for many years but really lost when I did MFP. In the beginning WW was wonderful but I am one of those people who abused the "free" food, lol. You've done amazing! Hang in there the last few pounds will come off slowly but this time it will be for good. I am on the last 20 pounds myself and finding it very slow but I've lost alot of weight so I can be patient with the slower losses now. Congrats on your progress.

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    2 pounds is within normal fluctuations. Its not weight gain, but variance among the things that are in your body at the moment. At any given time, you have water, undigested food, unprocessed waste in your body. Those values shift constantly.
    So I'm down almost 100 since last January with weight watchers and exercise. I just can't seem to get the last 6 off so I decided to
    Start tracking macros to make sure I'm eating enough and eating the proper percentages. I average 25000 steps per day yet I was eating around 1200 calories per day when I converted everything to calories over ww points.

So- have eaten more than I've eaten in a LONG time the last four days, using my Fitbit hr to track activity, and have left 600-700 calories on the table everyday. Macros on point. Weighed myself this morning and up two pounds?!

Yes I drink a ton of water- like 130 oz per day. But again?! Suggestions? I wanted to lose, not gain!

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

This.
  • mommykate74
    Options
    Yup/ already on it