C25k

Options
shans34
shans34 Posts: 535 Member
I just started the c25k program. I really enjoyed day 1. Thoughts?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Just keep going & follow the program as written, you will do great!
  • yellingkimber
    yellingkimber Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 5 Day 3 yesterday! Stick to it and you'll do great!
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Good job, remember that you can repeat if needed. I repeated most of the advanced weeks at least twice.
  • Sadiyyah70
    Sadiyyah70 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations! Stick with it as written, have fun with it and be kind to yourself in the process. Epsom salt baths and foam roller work wonders.
  • becky1390
    becky1390 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1 of week 2 a couple hours ago. I'm doing it on the treadmill but I'm really enjoying it so far! I feel like I might have to repeat days as the running time increases, but no big deal. I really want to be able to run/jog 5k :smile:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you run slower than you think you need to, especially if you start faltering on later weeks. Do it! Congrats on the choice :flowerforyou:
  • plumtree5585
    plumtree5585 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did Week 2 Day one this morning! I'm really enjoying it so far. I even made a running shoe purchase.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7! I absolutely love C25K! Make sure you get fitted properly for running shoes. They made a HUUUUGE difference in my stamina and recovery. I cannot stress that enough- wear good shoes!
  • mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Finished week 6 day 1 :) I love this program, always recommend it . Keep at it!
  • mandabeth34
    mandabeth34 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Did it 7 years ago. It changed my life. Keep it up!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Starting week 3 day 1 tomorrow. It's a good program and I enjoy the progression.
  • tony1307
    tony1307 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 is tomorrow for me
  • dawson002
    dawson002 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've just completed week 7 by doing a full 25 minutes "running" (around 4.8mph)....and I'm currently around 222lbs!!

I haven't followed the plan religiously but it certainly is an excellent guide.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Did mine two years ago, and like mandabeth, it changed my life. I'm so glad you're enjoying it - running is awesome.

Just make sure you're running slowly - you need to build your stamina and get into the rhythm of it first. And don't be afraid to repeat weeks, if you have to.

Good luck!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I hit my first wall at five minute intervals. Who knew that five minutes was an eternity?!?!

Perseverance paid.
  • staceymorton5
    staceymorton5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've just finished Week 4 and I'm really enjoying it, which was a total surprise for me as I've always hated running! I'm a little bit worried about the upcoming Week 5 day 3 though, but I will try my best and just keep going!
    Have fun OP, let us know how you find it!
  • hesfeld
    hesfeld Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 and what I thought was very challenging in week 2, etc now is a cake walk. It is a great program. It may seem very intimidating reading the prescribed day before you begin, but to look back on what you accomplished weeks later is one of the best feelings. Just follow their recommendations and listen to you body. Good luck!
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I hated running. I did week 5 day3 this morning, and enjoyed doing it. I ran a mile and a half yesterday, just as transportation, and enjoyed myself too. I really like it!
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7! I absolutely love C25K! Make sure you get fitted properly for running shoes. They made a HUUUUGE difference in my stamina and recovery. I cannot stress that enough- wear good shoes!

I run barefooted or in moccasins most of the time, lol. Then again, I don't put on shoes all summer if I can help it