Trying to find nutritional info for raw fruit, peel only...please help!

Options
MrsT0fu
MrsT0fu Posts: 18 Member
I have trouble getting enough fiber in my diet. Something I am accustomed to doing to combat the limited fiber intake is eating the peel of fruits like mango and kiwi. I am referring to just the peel (since the texture of kiwi is a little weird by itself, I will shave a little more of the flesh of the fruit off when skinning the kiwi, but this is still less than 5mm thick.) There are plenty of listings for the fruit without skin, but does anyone know if there is a listing for the skin without the fruit? Thanks!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Can you find a listing for the fruit with the skin, and the fruit without, and do the subtraction? Weigh fruit with peel, look up listing and note. Peel fruit, weigh fruit, look up listing without peel, subtract calories from unpeeled listing from peeled listing = calories for peel.

ETA duh - you're just after the fiber. Don't watch TV and MFP, kids.
  • Daddy78230
    Daddy78230 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Following: I like eating apple peels I save them for salads. Little bit of sweetness but packed with nutrition and fiber, 6 times more than the meat of the apple.
  • MrsT0fu
    MrsT0fu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @Alatariel75 I figured worst case I can do that. I was trying to see if anyone knew of a resource online that had that info to save the time and hassle, but I may just be out of luck. @Daddy78230 That is a good idea too. I think I have seen listings for apple peel, so that is good for that. I know mango and especially kiwi are a little out there. Most people I know either don't eat kiwi skin at all or will eat it with the fruit. Thanks for the feedback!