Healthy Snack Ideas...

Options
I am looking for some snack ideas (homemade or store bought). I have gotten bored with my usual mid morning and afternoon snacks and am looking for some new ideas. I would love some ideas between 100-300 calories. I have hectic workweeks so the easier the better. Much appreciated!

Replies

• kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, string cheese, cottage cheese, fruit, nuts, seeds, homemade granola, crackers or veggie and hummus, crackers or veggies and laughing cow cheese, hard boiled eggs.
  • mudonthetires856
    mudonthetires856 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs are my go-to early in the day. Baby carrots are hummus are usually my night time snack.
  • BethMarieVA
    BethMarieVA Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    kikicooks wrote: »
    Greek yogurt, string cheese, cottage cheese, fruit, nuts, seeds, homemade granola, crackers or veggie and hummus, crackers or veggies and laughing cow cheese, hard boiled eggs.

I really need to try laughing cow. Everyone I talk to loves it. Thanks!

• kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    hardeeshaw wrote: »
    kikicooks wrote: »

I really need to try laughing cow. Everyone I talk to loves it. Thanks!

Yeah I love them! It's kind of the texture of soft cream cheese. They are conveniently in their own portion so it's great not to have to measure out the portion and great for taking on the go.
  • adebernardi
    adebernardi Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Rice cake with sugar free jelly and natural peanut butter & a low calorie, low sugar protein shake. Apple dipped into Greek yogurt mixed with peanut/almond butter. Tuna over whole wheat crackers such as Triscuits. I usually make sure all of my snacks include a protein to help keep me full. I have two snacks per day and keep each snack to 250 calories.
  • BethMarieVA
    Options
    Rice cake with sugar free jelly and natural peanut butter & a low calorie, low sugar protein shake. Apple dipped into Greek yogurt mixed with peanut/almond butter. Tuna over whole wheat crackers such as Triscuits. I usually make sure all of my snacks include a protein to help keep me full. I have two snacks per day and keep each snack to 250 calories.

I have never tried jelly on a rice cake. I will have to give it a try. What brand protein shakes do you usually stick to?

• Hannahhime
    Hannahhime Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm crazy about popcorn. An entire bag is about 150-170 calories depending on which brand you get. You can eat a ton of it and know its not a ton of calories! :)
  • BethMarieVA
    Options
    Hannahhime wrote: »
    I'm crazy about popcorn. An entire bag is about 150-170 calories depending on which brand you get. You can eat a ton of it and know its not a ton of calories! :)

I am right there with you!

• adebernardi
    adebernardi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hardeeshaw wrote: »

I have never tried jelly on a rice cake. I will have to give it a try. What brand protein shakes do you usually stick to?

I use IdealLean. It tastes great and it only has 80 calories, 20 grams of protein, 0 carbs and 0 sugar.There are a a variety of flavors to choose from. Here is the website: https://www.idealfit.com/protein.list