Zumba help.

MaitreyeeMAYHEM
MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
edited 5:46AM in Fitness and Exercise
I'm running out of ideas for choreography. UGH I don't want it to be so repeated. My moves are about the same for the versus of the songs. Having repeated choreography for the chorus is fine but everything else I wanna change it up a bit. Any advice?

Replies

• leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Join other people's classes to get some fresh ideas :)
  • MrsBrit2007
    MrsBrit2007 Posts: 161
    Have you tried looking at other Zumba routines on youtube? There are so many to choose, and I've made up three separate playlists with several videos to spare.

Maybe start there or try going to another person's Zumba class?
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Ask your members for ideas! We give our teacher requests all the time and its cool when she creates a new dance and thanks you. People LOVE "proud mary" and "say hey i love you"...those are the last 2 requests anyway.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    I'm running out of ideas for choreography. UGH I don't want it to be so repeated. My moves are about the same for the versus of the songs. Having repeated choreography for the chorus is fine but everything else I wanna change it up a bit. Any advice?

I am just now coming up with routines (my first class is Tuesday!!!). I have found YouTube to be a huge help!! There are so many different routines to the same songs, I will pick and choose between a few. Also the ideas to go to another instructors class is a great idea!! Or try to get a jam session going in your area.
  • Shouldabeenaninja
    Shouldabeenaninja Posts: 9 Member
    Hey guys! I agree with the youtube ideas and asking other people...my friend opened her own studio a couple months ago, and is open to new ideas...it keeps things from getting so monotonous (sp) lol I'm getting my instructor's license in September, and have already got a list of about 30 songs with moves that she hasn't done...just be a little creative!! :)

If you google Dance Central or Just Dance 2 youtube videos, you can get a couple warm-ups or cool-downs too!! :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    I use YouTube a lot but I always forget my routine so I'm gonna start writing them down to remember, I'll keep on going to classes and get more ideas. I still need more music and I need to find the song I really like.
This discussion has been closed.