Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need more FRIENDS for weight loss journey

Well I would really like some more friends on here that will inspire me to lose weight and I can inspire as well. I have been overweight all my life and I have come to a stand still at 250. I will lose a little and get under 250 then gain it right back. This depresses me and that is not good because I eat when I'm depressed and bored. Please join me in this journey. o:)<3

Replies

• eddiehankison
    eddiehankison Posts: 21 Member
    No need to get depressed you have achieved so much already. You already have this in the bag.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Trust me I know the struggle. I have a mental block about the size 14. So much so that I think I stayed in my 16s longer than need be, my mother finally said to me that they were sagging badly in the back and that I needed to go buy some new jeans, so I did and knew that the real struggle was about to begin because for whatever reason a size 14 once I hit it I start to self sabotage, it took me 5 months, before I finally made it to a 12 and I only lost about 5 lbs. But once I looked in the mirror at work and saw my bum sagging in my pants, for S&G I decided to try on the 12s and then my 12 jeans and I fit comfortably in both. I haven't seen 12 since 1995.
  • lafauninjoy
    lafauninjoy Posts: 1 Member
    I lost 66 pounds over 4 month last year and since reuniting with my spouse, (we've relocated to the West Coast- I came first while she finished up clinicals in a nursing program back East), I've been steadily re-gaining weight. The stress of both our new jobs, low energy with the mountain of tasks, stress and strain with an assortment of life issues has led me to seek the anesthesia, entertainment, comfort and warm memories of being cared for that food provides. I've gained 20 pounds, my clothes are TIGHT and I refuse to do anything other than to FIGHT TO GET BACK ON TRACK! SO, I BEGIN AGAIN AND TRUST THIS WILL BE MY last beginning. jacq215, YOUR POST CAUGHT MY EYE BECAUSE I TOO NEED MORE friends FOR THE JOURNERY. I've been overweight my whole life also. My top weight was 364...may years ago now and I stalled at 320 for quite a while, (Luckily, I'm strong, relatively athletic and disease-free.) I dropped the 66lbs in Medical Weight Management (modified fasting) Program. ...never cheated once in 4 months and then I couldn't keep up planning and eating simple meals that would help me sustain weight loss or keep me from re-gaining excess weight. THAT WAS THEN AND THIS IS NOW. I'm looking forward to ending this day with a VICTORY WON! I'm fearlessly embracing the actions that guarantee I'll have a future in a lighter, livelier, stronger and more flexible body. Good luck to you and you all!!!
  • Tommygirl_Swag
    Tommygirl_Swag Posts: 65 Member
    @jacq215, feel free to add me! I've been in the same boat. Over the past year, i've gained 30-40 and tend to maintain; if not, i'll lose a pound or 2 and then be back where I was. I believe we could inspire eachother as we walk this journey together
  • lauhil
    lauhil Posts: 101 Member
    Feel free to add me. I lost 25 pounds so far and have about 100 + more to go.
  • worm_1962
    worm_1962 Posts: 4 Member
    I have lost and gained for the last 20 years, the struggle is real! I'd love to be added , I have not accumulated a lot of support on her, just a few friends. Looking for me to help me motivate and motivate others!