Let's talk about sex, Ladies

Options
How often are you doing it? Does your size limit you to certain positions? How do you approach this with your partner? Do you count it as exercise?
I'm 44yo and honestly hoping my libido increases once I get a bit smaller.
Any thoughts?

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I think this should be in chit chat or debate forum, rather than fitness & exercise.
    Please be aware that the readers of this thread will not be limited to women or even to people interested in health.

You got me on TWO counts!!
  • SarahStarr86
    SarahStarr86 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I can confidently say that my libido is directly correlated to my mental state at the time. My weight loss is one of the most important and top prioritized things I'm doing in my life right now. When I'm off kilter and haven't been working out and eating well my libido plummets. I feel self conscious, tired, and just blah. When I've been eating well and working out I feel amazing and my libido follows suit and is on fire. Everything is so damn mental for me, lol. Trying to not be so all or nothing right now. And yes, the more in shape and fitter I feel and look, I feel sexier and am more active in the bedroom.
  • MichelleGetsFitForLife
    Options
    It's totally related. When myself and partner are in shape, endurance is great. Def don't count it as a workout, though lol
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Men have sex too.

Just sayin'
  • fedupfatty86
    fedupfatty86 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think there is a direct correlation between the two but that's just from my own personal experience. I've been up and down my whole life weight wise and when I'm in good shape my libido is high and I have high endurance and can do more positions but being bigger and out of shape I pretty much have no sex drive right now.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    susanp57 wrote: »
    Men have sex too.

Just sayin'

Somebody should start a thread and ask for only white people to respond.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    susanp57 wrote: »
    Men have sex too.

Just sayin'

Somebody should start a thread and ask for only white people to respond.

I've done it. Gets shut down pretty quick AND comes with a warning.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I think this should be in chit chat or debate forum, rather than fitness & exercise.
    Please be aware that the readers of this thread will not be limited to women or even to people interested in health.

QFT

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    My libido is so sad and has been for the past year and a half or so. I've lost weight in that time, but I don't know that that's the cause. It started when I was on hormonal birth control, but even after a being off it about a year, my libido is still low when before my partner couldn't keep up with me.
    As for endurance though, I can definitely tell a difference when I do have sex now that I'm more fit. I can do things I couldn't before, too.
    And no, I don't log it as exercise, even though I do most of the work.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I found that getting into even just slightly better shape improved everything in this department. My interest, my confidence, and my endurance all have improved lately. I expect this to continue as I move forward in my efforts. The more attracted I am to myself the more open I am for my partner, I find.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Yes, ladies size matters...
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    TMI.