How to say no to chocolate easter eggs?!

Options
rachcls
rachcls Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone have any tips/tricks on how to not eat every chocolate egg in sight? I'm dying here lmao! :(

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    put them out of sight???
    make room for them in your daily intake?
    exercise more to eat some?

I make room for them without compromising my intake and macros...so that means exercise and being careful with my intake.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I share custody with my ex so I sent them back to Dad's with all their chocolate lol I have some in the pantry that are my faves but the huge basket of mediocre chocolate eggs they found left the building.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't really like them, but what I would do if I did and were surrounded by them and tempted is to decide to eat them at a specific time (perhaps as a snack after dinner ever day this week, as the week after Easter). I would decide a reasonable amount to eat. And then when I saw an egg, I'd think "oh, yay, I'm going to eat that as my after dinner snack."
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Good suggestions so far. The garbage disposal is another option.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Good suggestions so far. The garbage disposal is another option.

I like this option, but I am biased. I like candy only marginally more than I'd like slamming my junk in a door.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    put them out of sight???
    make room for them in your daily intake?
    exercise more to eat some?

I make room for them without compromising my intake and macros...so that means exercise and being careful with my intake.

+1
  • cnave99
    cnave99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Easter (jellybeans) and Halloween (candy corn) are like crack to me. And also like crack- if you don't buy it, you don't consume it.

To me- those things come in a single serving size- the entire bag. And I don't want to spend all my calories (or the dental bills) on a bag of sugar.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Chocolate tastes best when it's in egg form so I just give in and eat them all.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I only eat the best ones (like mini-eggs) and ignore the waxy cheap ones. Fit a serving into my day. Put them out of sight - in the cupboard, at a minimum, not on the counter. Take things you don't want to eat and give them away at work. :)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Just don't have them around. ... For me, if I bring them into the house I'm likely to open up the package sooner or later, and once that package is open I'm likely to have one candy ... and then in short order they all will be gone.!
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I don't buy any, and eat up my share of the family candy right away to get rid of them, lol.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Target practice.
  • RaphaBianchi
    RaphaBianchi Posts: 51 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    How many eggs do you have lying around? I just had one, ate it and went over my calorie allowance. Now it's gone, time to get back to normal! One day isn't going to make much difference.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Most of them seem to be pretty low quality to me...not interested. UK Jelly Belly on the other hand...
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    rachcls wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips/tricks on how to not eat every chocolate egg in sight? I'm dying here lmao! :(

Smash them now, that way in future you can't get caught out when craving.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Cadbury chocolate creme egg has, I think, 140 calories.

I've had one this year. That's the first one I've ever had.

I express my support for anyone who would like to put that in a plan and move some stuff, like a couple of legs, to earn it.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    If they are Reese's eggs ... I must eat them
  • AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Weigh the chocolate eggs and figure out how many calories in each. Then you can figure out a way to fit it into your calorie goals...or you can choose to go over...but at least you'll be aware of how much each egg is "costing" you in terms of calories.

My other suggestion is to throw the leftover chocolate away or give it away immediately! Sometimes removing the temptation is the only thing that works for me - lol.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    What kind of chocolate eggs must be known to help make any decision.

Cheap, crappy chocolate = garbage can
    Anything Cadbury = make fit in my diary a little each day. YuM!