Last resort, feeling low

Options
Hi all,
I'm new here. I'm feeling very self conscious about my weight and I feel like I don't know what to do. I always feel like I'm hungry and can't get rid of the craving. Any tips?
TIA

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Protein, fiber & fat are filling. But it's different combinations for everyone.

#1 - make sure your starting calories aren't too low (ie: aggressive weekly weight loss goal).

#2 - add some exercise and earn additional calories.

#3 - experiment with meal & snack timing. Some people do better skipping breakfast. Some people do better with 3 meals & 3 snacks.

#4 - don't eliminate favorite foods, instead manage portions. You may find that some foods aren't worth it. You might need to tweak favorite recipes (try Skinny Taste or Cooking Light).

I allow myself at least one treat everyday. Usually chocolate - an individually wrapped square of dark Ghiradelli. My management is individual portions.....I don't keep a bag of Hershey Kisses in the house.
  • marijaylara127
    marijaylara127 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This past month or so, I've made the effort to drink 8 cups of water every day and I've noticed that helps with the constant hunger, plus I don't crave unhealthy food as much I used to so that'll help when making decisions about food.
  • prpeterson2016
    prpeterson2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I find you crave what you eat! I've done a bit of research, but I'm no expert... according to my body type, Carbs are not my friend, so I focus on my macros of 25% carbs, 35% protein, 40% fat (Approximation anyway) and I aim for 25-30g of Fiber. Also trying to get in the healthy habit of drinking water. Hopefully it works.... I would recommend doing research on your body type to see what your macros should be. I also don't focus on dense carbs... I love them and will eat them, but when I do I choose, whole wheat, whole grain or sweet potato over a regular potato. I do get most of my carbs from veggies and fruit though! Hope it helps :) Feel free to add me as a friend. I haven't craved anything unhealthy today at all because I started my day out healthy with food I enjoy.