Reward Ideas

Options
So I know this is a disputed topic but I do way better at reaching my goals with rewards at the end. My weight loss of course is the best reward but I need motivation. So what are some fun little or big reward ideas? I plan to try and do something every 10 lbs (and I have a lot to lose lol) so I need lots of ideas!!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Some ideas and some things on my own list:

getting your hair done
    getting a mani/pedi
    a weekend getaway
    a new purse
    new shoes/sneakers etc
    an instant pot pressure cooker
    new parts for my jeep
    a waffle iron
    a new blender
    a big vacation (when I reach my final goal I am going to Hawaii! )
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Prada. Always go with Prada. Purse, sunglasses, perfume. You fn deserve it.
  • aleyjewell
    aleyjewell Posts: 65 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    wow awesome final goal reward!! I love some of those ideas thanks!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Massage - because all of my deficit comes from exercise, particularly lifting and martial arts so I need it!
    Cute new clothing item
    New workout gear
    New activity that I haven't tried: hiking, white water rafting, rock climbing, kayaking, stand up paddle board whatever! Its active and fun and wouldn't have been as easy at a heavier weight.
    Trips: 1 day to 2 weeks, camping to 5 star resort...
    Tailored clothing when you get to goal weight. I had a suit made.

I like the money idea
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Something you don't need so it feels like an actual reward. A new gold chain instead of that janky old one that's showing iron-color. Perfume that costs more than your shoes. Fancy bras. Rewards!
  • ParanormaLauren
    ParanormaLauren Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am planning to do some things that were previously uncomfortable or impossible because of my size. Theater seats are a big one. The more I lose, the more comfortable those seats get. When I get a little slimmer, maybe it would be time to plan the white water rafting trip. Currently, the life jackets wouldn't fit.

Like the idea of massages and putting away a little money!
  • aleyjewell
    aleyjewell Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of putting money away as well. All of these are great ideas! Thanks!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Clothes. Having some new clothes that fit perfectly feels great. Go to Goodwill/Amvets and browse if you don't want to spend much on clothes you'll be replacing again.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    At 200 I am ordering a new scale. Mine is hard to read and only 1 lb Incriments
  • ritzvin
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    Clothes. Having some new clothes that fit perfectly feels great. Go to Goodwill/Amvets and browse if you don't want to spend much on clothes you'll be replacing again.

(and it also feels great when a new batch of clothes starts getting too loose again).
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I second the massage as a reward! Afterwards, I went home and took a long nap. It was wonderful. A long soak in the tub is also amazing. I did that for the month of March (I go monthly rather than by weight) and will likely do it again if I finish out strongly in April (had one rough week).

I have also done new workout clothes, new gear for my bike, and trips to do fun things that you used to not be able to do. I think it works best when you celebrate AND encourage yourself to do more and better.
  • double_nn
    double_nn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have fun goals every 10 lbs (this is some of the list, not necessarily in order)

-Manicure/pedicure
    -Day off work
    -Hiking somewhere nice
    -1 night stay at a fancy hotel nearby
    -Start a new fitness class that I didn't feel I could do before
    -Dying my hair a fun color

Then every 5 lbs I assess a type of item of clothing to see if I need new ones:

-Jeans
    -Tops
    -Workout shoes
    -Workout clothes
    -Undergarments
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    For me, it's anything that is just for me and something that is outside of routine maintenance. Because I am high maintenance, the rewards then must be outside of even what I might do, or they are experiential rewards. Recently I've become a member of the art museum and the Chinese garden. Both great options for exercise and for increasing pleasure in a way that's not related to food. Also, I've been buying art to decorate my space. Empowering, motivating visual reminders of my goals and also a huge print of a lady sea lion in a smart pink suit and pillbox hat. That just makes me happy!
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love fresh cosmetics and they never go on sale so some new lotion will be my treat
  • cheechie0709
    cheechie0709 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the clothes. Yes, we grow out of them. But it is so important to have clothes that actually fit and you feel comfortable and pretty in. It makes you feel sexy and helps with confidence when you're struggling on this weight loss journey but can still look in the mirror and feel so attractive.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Fun stuff that I usually wouldn't buy for myself. Next up is a pink halter top sundress with a sweetheart neckline. Probably in a floral print. Got 12ish lbs to go before that one. Plenty of time to start looking!
  • anaxx
    anaxx Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I *LOVE* our Instant Pot. We use it 5-6 nights a week now.

• ritzvin
    Options
    anaxx wrote: »

I *LOVE* our Instant Pot. We use it 5-6 nights a week now.

Yes! I just finally got one...No more waiting an extra day (slow cooker) for the beans to hydrate before adding the rest of the soup ingredients or making the rice & beans, etc.