Any answers?

Options
HappieRosy
HappieRosy Posts: 53 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Always eating up to and most of the time in a deficit of my calorie goal. Weighing food properly and religiously. Wanting to ideally lose or maintain weight now but feeling bloated? Recently had a burst of eating more sugar than usual (chocolate Easter egg) I excersize multiple times a week and work a lightly active job. I only drink green tea and water and nothing too high in sodium.

Possible that the extra sugar/carbs/dairy can cause bowel irritability and bloating? Is there any health concerns I should get checked?

I've not lost weight for a month and am eating to calories set to lose 1.5lb a week. However I am lifting weights during workouts (both combination of cardio and weights)

Anyone have any similar symptoms from eating certain foods? Any tips?

Replies

• ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    If that's a recent photo of yourself in your profile, I'd say that at least part of your problem is that you have very little weight to lose, and that 1.5 lbs/week is very aggressive. When was the last time you recalculated your calorie goal?
  • HappieRosy
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    If that's a recent photo of yourself in your profile, I'd say that at least part of your problem is that you have very little weight to lose, and that 1.5 lbs/week is very aggressive. When was the last time you recalculated your calorie goal?

I've recently tried changing it to only 1lb and 0.5lb a week and I feel like I've got to be stricter as eating the slightest too much of things can make me feel sluggish. Also too worried to gain any weight back that I've trained so hard to lose!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    HappieRosy wrote: »
    Possible that the extra sugar/carbs/dairy can cause bowel irritability and bloating?

Sure, that's possible. Has it happened before?
  • HappieRosy
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    HappieRosy wrote: »
    Possible that the extra sugar/carbs/dairy can cause bowel irritability and bloating?

Sure, that's possible. Has it happened before?

Not since I've been eating healthier since Christmas as I've only had almond milk and very little to no chocolate. I had a week where I was bloated last month which was down to eating too much granola (which I've completely stopped eating now and not even craving it)
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to lose so much Op? You previously mentioned in another post that you're at a healthy weight. I think recomposition would be a good thing for you if you want to continue with anything.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    Options
    You seem pretty obsessive for someone who is at a healthy weight already.

Have you had any counseling for anxiety or depression? This unusual fixation isn't good for you and setting your goals so aggressively is concerning.
  • HappieRosy
    Options
    You seem pretty obsessive for someone who is at a healthy weight already.

Have you had any counseling for anxiety or depression? This unusual fixation isn't good for you and setting your goals so aggressively is concerning.

Yes I've had issues with food and mental health my whole life but not wanting to post that on here.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself? Are you close to TOM? Do you use a food scale?
  • Lesscookies
    Lesscookies Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Seek professional help.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Op, this and previous threads of yours indicate your answers probably lie with health care professionals.