Why I hate being fat

Options
-Tugging on my shirts all day, paranoid that my tummy is showing

-Getting winded going up stairs, or just as I am walking and talking

-Looking through pictures on other people's facebooks and praying there aren't any of me

-Not wanting to shop for clothes because they all look like crap

-Worrying that when my husband's friends meet me they're thinking, "wow his wife is fat".

-Seeing family and friends that last saw me when I was skinnier

-Knowing I may not get pregnant while I am at this weight

I am sure there are many more, but that's off the top of my head. I figure maybe if I put them on "paper" it'll force me to stick to things better.

Replies

• Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    OMG I have those same thoughts. And I am tall, so the tugging on my shirt is to try to cover my butt b/c they are always so short on me. And that part about meeting your husbands friends. I feel so horrible when I meet my husbands as well. They are all military as well, so I feel like they are thinking "yep, another fat navy wife". It's horrible huh? Our brains sure can be so negative sometimes. But think of it this way...if we didn't have those thoughts, then we would have no drive to get healthier would we?
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Pretty much sums me up perfectly...except for the pregnancy part, I'm not hoping for that part but all the others, I have those thoughts daily.
  • jmagnussonii
    Options
    Now that the bad is out, why do you love being someone committed to a healthy lifestyle?
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I have those thoughts and behaviors only now that I've lost 136 pounds. I never used to when I was at my heaviest though.
  • adoreclaire
    Options
    I actually think they have great looking clothes for big girls. I just don't like being unhealthy..
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    Because I look pregnant!!!! Still. 7 months later. Sigh.

Why do I love being someone who is committed to a healthy lifestyle? Because I know some day I will get to where I need to be and that if I do it the right way I will keep it off for life.
  • Danelyh
    Danelyh Posts: 27
    Options
    Ok, maybe you can read minds, cause those are the same thoughts that I have. My MFP picture was taken today, it is my before weight loss picture. Had a hard time letting my husband take it and even harder looking at it and actually putting it out there. I am hoping it will help keep me focused and motivated to lose weight so I can replace it!
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Ha! Same here, except for the pregnancy part. My husband says our son will think I was never around when he was growing up because I refuse to be in pictures. My profile pic was from my wedding day. I am like the Wizard of Oz. NO ONE gets to see the Wizard these days.
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Total know how that feels. :) I am here for similar reasons.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Hate dreading going to my grandma's or step-grandma's because, for some reason they feel it necessary to always comment on it: "Wow, I think you've gained more weight" or "You were so fit and trim before" ... Is it a generational thing?
  • traceyj3
    traceyj3 Posts: 13
    Options
    The same things go through my mind, and i also hate having to worry about finding a comfortable place to sit. when you are fat you can't just sit anywhere, either the chair is uncomfortable or you just plain don't fit. There are so many places with really small chairs.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i hated being heavy and out of shape
    once i broke a toilet bowl seat and it would pinch my butt every time i sat on it after wards. or not being the favorite uncle anymore because they where a shamed to be seen with me in public.
    finally just not being happy with myself
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    -Seeing family and friends that last saw me when I was skinnier

THIS! That really bothered me and made me feel like crap. Every 5 pounds I lose, my confidence shoots up. These days I am actually (GASP!) liking the way I look. That's what's keeping me motivated!

Keep up the good work, all. We can, and more importantly, WILL do this!
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to go to my boyfriend's work party in September and will be meeting many of his co-workers for the first time. I know I won't lose much by then and I am petrified of the impression I will make. I really want my boyfriend to be proud to show me off to his friends. I've got everything else going for me, but the body (sigh).
  • rubiesnana
    rubiesnana Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I guess alot of us feel the same way.
    Pam
  • MMiles96
    MMiles96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of overweight men and woman that feel the same. I take photos for a hobby, and I hear at times, Can you make me look smaller? Ummm no not really, A bit but not make you a skinny model type. I battle the same feelings, I love taking pictures, I hate being in them. I can't even tell you the last picture I was in... Maybe 6 months ago if that. I know that I shouldn't be that way but I also see myself way heavier than I am. When I look in the mirror my self image is not what I really look like but add a few hundred pounds and that is what I see.

I have many reasons for hating being fat, I don't even think I can name them all. My biggest is my back trouble. My back pain is to the point of debilating some days. That is why I am here though, trying my best to loose the extra weight.