First post, been a member since February.

Options
I started my weight loss on January 1st 2011, on February 21st i found the "My fitness pal" app on my iphone. That day I started logging my calories everyday and what a great tool. On February 21st I jump on my scale and to my surprise my weight was 379.2lbs. That day I set my goal to loose 80lbs which would put me weighing 299lbs under 300 for the first time in a long time. I am proud to say as of this morning I weigh 326lbs for a total weight lose of 52.8lbs with only 27lbs to go. I am very seriously considering raising my goal to lose 100lbs but I think I will wait till I get the 80lbs off before I raise it. What do yall think?

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!!
  • nelster
    nelster Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep at it. Set lots of short goals and be proud of what you have accomplished!
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Your plan is working. They say that making smaller goals is the better way to go -- more attainable. Stick with it. Use your iphone to keep on track. Remember to include some physical activity -- it makes a big difference. Keep up the good work!
  • pcook410
    pcook410 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You've made a phenomenal achievement! You were wise to set a smaller goal to begin with. It is achievable. When you reach it, you can always set a secondary goal. Keep up the good work.

Pat
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I originally set my ticker to half of my needed loss because I was initially overwhelmed and embarrassed. Just this week I decided that I was ready to make the full commitment. I agree with making short term goals, and I do have a first one in my head, but for me to really feel committed, I had to accept the reality of what my body had become. I say that you change your ticker whenever you're ready, and if you only want to add 10 pounds at a time to keep you going, then do so. Whatever it takes to keep you moving in the healthier direction.

Continued best of luck to you!