Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Can someone tell me the difference between a 4 pack abs and 6 packs abs?

Options
jimmydaelewis
jimmydaelewis Posts: 3 Member
Okay some people only have 4 packs due to genetics, where exactly do the "lower abs start"? Below or above the belly botton. Can someone clarify which guys here have 4 packs?

Guy number 1

http://dannyjoefitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/new_002.jpg

Guy 2

http://data.whicdn.com/images/192960561/superthumb.jpg

Guy 3

http://imgur.com/a/h1OXi

Guy 4

http://imgur.com/a/jRcpc

Guy 5

http://m.imgur.com/a/cg3TE

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Okay some people only have 4 packs due to genetics, where exactly do the "lower abs start"? Below or above the belly botton. Can someone clarify which guys here have 4 packs?

Guy number 1

new_002.jpg

Guy 2

superthumb.jpg

Guy 3

h1OXi

Guy 4

jRcpc

Guy 5

cg3TE

Six pack is an expression used to say that the person has visible ab separation. Nobody really cares whether it's a 2 pack, 4 pack, 6 pack, or 8 pack (unless we are talking about beer, then it's all or nothing).

Why is classifying these pictures as 4 or 6 important to you?
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Seeing as how #3 was just uploaded I'm guessing that's you. You have abdominal volume that allows visible separation, you should be happy with what genetics gave you and not worry about whether it's 4 or 6.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Is that Lorenzo Lamas? B)
  • jimmydaelewis
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Guy number 1

new_002.jpg

Guy 2

superthumb.jpg

Guy 3

h1OXi

Guy 4

jRcpc

Guy 5

cg3TE

Six pack is an expression used to say that the person has visible ab separation. Nobody really cares whether it's a 2 pack, 4 pack, 6 pack, or 8 pack (unless we are talking about beer, then it's all or nothing).

Because I want to know if I got a 4 or 6 pack.

• jimmydaelewis
    Options
    Seeing as how #3 was just uploaded I'm guessing that's you. You have abdominal volume that allows visible separation, you should be happy with what genetics gave you and not worry about whether it's 4 or 6.

Hahah yeah, just started working out like a month ago. I know I am skinny, just want to know if I have 6 pack potential.

• HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yes you do
  • usmcmp
    Options

Guy number 1

new_002.jpg

Guy 2

superthumb.jpg

Guy 3

h1OXi

Guy 4

jRcpc

Guy 5

cg3TE

Because I want to know if I got a 4 or 6 pack.

What will happen if you have a 4 pack? You can't change it, so what difference does it make?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    6 - 4 = 2.

The answer is 2.
  • Fit_Trekkie
    Fit_Trekkie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    6 - 4 = 2.

The answer is 2.

976bff794f941235bc57266f53d41c98_hard-math-math-is-hard-meme_750-500.jpeg

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    two beers.

it's math :tongue:
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I have a two pack, and I am pretty effing stoked about that!!!!!!
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Only real difference is level of leanness and size of ab muscles. With decent muscular development, most guys will have a visible but slightly soft at the bottom 6-pack at 12% BF, and clear separation all the way to the bottom around 10%. Abdominal vascularity varies a lot more, but probably around 8%. That is all just an approximation. Your own genetics, level of muscular development, and body fat distribution will determine exactly what you look like at any given body fat. Even people with bad ab genetics can get great definition if they get lean enough (look at Frank Zane for a good example).
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    6 - 4 = 2.

The answer is 2.

Beat me to it.