More than halfway! :)

Options
Before I started this journey, I'd often look for motivation and find quotes along the lines of "in 4 weeks you'll notice, in 8 weeks your friends and family will notice, and in 12 weeks the world will notice," or "three months from now, you'll thank yourself." Ninety days seemed to be the magic number I'd have to plow through to see appreciable results, and in my instant gratification state-of-mind, this only fueled the "I'll start tomorrow" mentality. I can't explain why it happened, but on January 16, I started and never looked back. I haven't been perfect: I still drink way too much wine and I still oblige every time my boyfriend asks me to make cheese fries. But I do so with mindfulness and with my eye on the prize. After my first three months, I am thanking myself.. and I know that in another three months, as I am approaching my goal, I will be doing the same. So if there's anyone out there teetering, or wondering why today should be the day, I leave you with this: there's nothing to it but to do it!
dvqn7r5vrcgt.jpg
qoy72ab7lun7.jpg

SW: 196
CW: 162
GW: 140
Height: 5'7

Replies

• Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You look outstanding! Congratulations. (And kudos to the healthy mindset, I love it :D )
  • bscroggins05
    bscroggins05 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Mindset good...
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Damn fine work!! Great job!
  • YogaBookLady37
    YogaBookLady37 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! The change in mentality is what helps. I ordered a kids meal today because its the appropriate size meal at this place and my 6yo was utterly confused! LOL
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Great job- your hard work is paying off so well! Thanks for posting, very inspiring :)
  • Pretty_Little_Loser
    Pretty_Little_Loser Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Thank you for the inspiration!
  • runawayray
    runawayray Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Such a great post; it helps me to keep in line with my goal in mind. It can be difficult to stay on track & patience is of the utmost importance. But people like you who share in your current successes prove to me that it CAN BE ACHIEVED! You are doing a fantastic job!
  • MsDreaB
    MsDreaB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! This has definitely reaffirmed my decision to just keep pushing through as hard as I can for at least 90 days. U look amazing. Congratulations!
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • PumpkinSage
    PumpkinSage Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Even your cheeks are skinnier!!
  • SalvationMountain41
    SalvationMountain41 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress & well said!
  • JudyKenovafitby40
    JudyKenovafitby40 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!