Please help!! I can't force myself to drink water!!!!

Options
I hate plain water. Maybe because I am so used to drinking "Texas sweet tea" and cokes. I really need some help and ideas on making water taste better without adding alot of calories...ANY advice would really help alot!!!

Replies

• Bellum24
    Bellum24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    crystal light, or lemon, or any of those low calorie juice singles to add?
  • jlsim613
    jlsim613 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have never like plain water either and I am a real coffee drinker. I have found propel zero I prefer the lemon flavor because I like lemonade. There is no calories and it flavored water. I can drink a tweleve pack in three days. It helped me mayber it will help you.
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I can't drink water, but LOVE it with MIO.
  • Rwilson64
    Rwilson64 Posts: 1
    Options
    OMG, once you get use to it there is nothing more refreshing! Add lemon....
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Look up Zip Fizz from Costco or Sam's Club. It is also an energy drink. You add it to water.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Your body just has to adjust to it. I like mine super, duper cold. Then it tastes great. Go spend some time out in the heat -t hen you'll want water, LOL.
  • LoriFleming
    LoriFleming Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Making it REALLY REALLY cold helps too, in my opinion!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I found filtered water instead of tap water helps. Our Britta filter pitcher is always needing to be filled! Another thing that helps me is to drink it out of a straw. Don't ask me why, but it makes the water taste better. And I hate plain water too!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    What I do sometimes is have a big ice filled glass of say, Crystal light, then when it gets about half way gone, I refill, and keep refilling, it gets weaker & weaker, but just enough flavor to keep you interested, but your not adding more cals! Sometimes plain 'ol water is blech, but just a tiny bit of flavoring is enough. I want to try that Mio stuff, that's supposed to be good, and you can add just a drop or two, or four! lol :drinker:
  • rebeccabickle
    Options
    I hate water too but I buy the liquid enhancer MiO. It adds flavor with no Calories and no sugar. There's a few different flavors
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I like getting my water super ice cold, add a couple of slices of cucumber and lemon and... It's absolutely the most delicious drink ever. No calories. No fake sweeteners. Nothing. Just plain goodness and plus, it's great for your skin!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I found filtered water instead of tap water helps. Our Britta filter pitcher is always needing to be filled! Another thing that helps me is to drink it out of a straw. Don't ask me why, but it makes the water taste better. And I hate plain water too!

I'm a straw drinker too! What is that all about?? I can swig ALL my water that way, but if I have to drink it from a glass, I struggle! These insulated glasses are AWESOME!! They really keep everything ice cold!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Seltzer, seltzer, seltzer. I hate plain water too. I make batches of unsweetened tea and keep it in the fridge. I like Celestial Seasonings Blueberry or Fruit Tea Sampler. I make big batches and drink that - even using it in my water bottle that I bring to the gym.
  • MaeKhaleesi
    MaeKhaleesi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I cannot drink plain water either. I get the individual propel flavored packets and the GV ones at Wal-Mart. Most of them have no calories and you can pour them directly into a water bottle, shake, and go.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I use those sugar free Great Value packets you add to water. They come in a lot of different flavors. Remember, It’s not about doing what you like…,it’s about doing what right.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I hate water too but I buy the liquid enhancer MiO. It adds flavor with no Calories and no sugar. There's a few different flavors

^^^^This. I love MiO. They have sweet tea and peach tea which are good, but a word of warning: the sweet tea does NOT have a southern sweet tea taste!
  • nbeneby
    nbeneby Posts: 8
    Options
    I use crystal light...there are lots of flavors and when you drink it chilled it is very refreshing...I love the peach flavor...
  • Antares84
    Antares84 Posts: 7
    Options
    best advice is just to try and set a goal of oz to drink in a day. get a water bottle with the volume printed on it. (most do anyway).

start with one bottle a day, ~24oz. every few days, increase the goal. no one really needs more than ~90oz a day since you will get plenty from foods and your favorite drinks anyway.

eventually, nothing else really will compare.... i used to drink nothing but Squirt and Gatorade.. now i drink water, homemade protein shakes and a non fat latte occasionally.
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    I used to have the most difficult time drinking water. I couldn't get 4 oz's down my hatch. Then I tried Bikram Yoga. Ever since I tried that style of yoga (105 degrees 40% humidity for 90 minutes) my body absolutely CRAVED for water. Now I easily drink water while doing any type of workout. A good alternative is Vita Coco coconut water. Good luck!
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have to have either filtered water or super-duper ice cold, arctic temperature water. I also love MIO water flavoring... especially the Berry Pomegranate. They taste fantastic and add nothing! I also will drink sparkling water with lime or lemon with dinner for a "treat".