Future VSG girl, looking for friends to develop healthy habits with!

Options
Hey guys, my name is Brandi and I'm 28 living in the Bay Area. I currently weigh 337lbs, and I am actively trying to lose weight. Right now I am tracking my macros, and following IIFYM.

I am planning to get gastric sleeve surgery to gain a tool to help me lose, and maintain my weight. I've struggled for years, and I need a little bit of help! In the meantime, as it is a 6-8 month approval process, I am going to be working as hard as I can to develop healthy habits, and become more active.

I would love to have some friends for motivation! Looking forward to connecting with people :smile:

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I understand that my comment is of no help to you at all, but when I read your thread title all I could come up with for Future VSG was Future Victoria Secret Girl. :D
  • mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey Brandi ! Welcome MFP :) I'm originally from Nor Cal also :) MFP is pretty awesome , I've been on here for 26 days now and I really like all the features. Staying consistent with your logging and exercise will definitely help you to gain better lifestyle habits and reach your future goals . Feel free to add me !

Best of luck <3
  • lkennedy253
    lkennedy253 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm about 2 months post-op from VSG. It is the best decision ever! The first week is a little rough but since then, I've been great! I have lost about 58 lbs total (I think like 30 post-surgery). Good luck!!
  • seebrandishrink408
    seebrandishrink408 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I understand that my comment is of no help to you at all, but when I read your thread title all I could come up with for Future VSG was Future Victoria Secret Girl. :D

Love it! I'll sign up to be a Victoria Secret Girl!!! LOL
    mayafit405 wrote: »
    Hey Brandi ! Welcome MFP :) I'm originally from Nor Cal also :) MFP is pretty awesome , I've been on here for 26 days now and I really like all the features. Staying consistent with your logging and exercise will definitely help you to gain better lifestyle habits and reach your future goals . Feel free to add me !

Best of luck <3

Adding sorry for the delay!
    Hi! I'm about 2 months post-op from VSG. It is the best decision ever! The first week is a little rough but since then, I've been great! I have lost about 58 lbs total (I think like 30 post-surgery). Good luck!!

Oh my god, so excited for you!!! Adding :)
  • SashaQ1381
    SashaQ1381 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »

That is exactly what I thought as well. :#
  • sheilahaddadi
    sheilahaddadi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm almost exactly 12 months post op and I'd love to connect and guide anyone through any troubles. :)
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP! You got this!