Indian Chic Peas Recipe Anyone?

Options
jinkies54
jinkies54 Posts: 40 Member
Hello,

A time ago my roommate's then partner made this delicious chic pea dish that had some indian sauce or flavour to it. It was amazing. Knowing their health benefits, I was wondering if anyone had ever tried making such a dish and if so, how'd they do it and which types they tried or liked the best?

thx!

Replies

• dointime
    dointime Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    There are many, many, many Indian recipes that use chick peas. Can you give any other details that would help people help you? Maybe list other ingredients that were in there, flavors, was it spicy or sweeter?
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have a fabulous Moroccan chick pea and sweet potato recipe. It's posted in the forums under recipes.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have a great chicken masala recipe using onions, garlic, ginger paste or freshly grated, a can of diced tomatoes, cinnamon, cardomam(sp), ground cloves, turmeric, ground coriander, ground cumin, a smidge of brown sugar to taste, chili peppers to taste, salt, pepper, 28oz can of chickpeas (drained but reserve the liquid), Finsh with fresh cilantro and lime juice. I serve mine with basmati rice.

I think the secret is to cook all of the ingredients (less the chickpeas, cilantro and lime juice) until the liquid in the tomatoes cooks all the way out leaving something like a paste. Add the chickpeas and the reserved liquid and/or water until you get the desired consistency (kind of like a thick gravy).

Hope this helps. This is one of my staple easy go to meals and I eat it quite often. Hope it's what you're looking for or at least close.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    My mom makes Indian style chicks all the time. I'll see if I can get the recipe from her