• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yes entirely realistic.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    It's a realistic amount, however you might not find that a medium fits you at that weight. :) I'm 5'7 and around 175 and wear a large most of the time. That said... clothing size is pretty subjective.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    It's not unrealistic, but I think the experience of many is that goals may change over time. If you've been 185 before and found that was the weight you were most comfortable at, that's a good gauge to use. Some reach their goal and decide they would like to try to lose a little more. Conversely, some reach a low goal and realize the calorie allowance and activity required to maintain it makes it unrealistic for them. Some lose a certain amount of weight and then shift to fitness or sculpting goals. No sense in fretting over an ultimate goal now... just set small ones that can build your confidence and give you a sense of accomplishment . And in case you're wondering, when you give MFP a goal weight, it doesn't affect your calorie allowance or anything. It just provides a measure of your progress.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 170 and pretty much a large in everything. But I'm happy with that! And besides, I get to wear clothes I can buy off the rack and not at the Tents-R-Us like I used to.

And I look damned good in a pair of leggings that show off my legs that go ALL the way up. . .and a kicky top that accents my decolletage and waist. . .but is long enough to cover up my poochy tummy and bubble butt.
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Shot for a pound n a half to two lbs a week to lose I know Iam a guy but I am 5'11" 220
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    LahrysaTebo2015 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 170 and pretty much a large in everything. But I'm happy with that! And besides, I get to wear clothes I can buy off the rack and not at the Tents-R-Us like I used to.

And I look damned good in a pair of leggings that show off my legs that go ALL the way up. . .and a kicky top that accents my decolletage and waist. . .but is long enough to cover up my poochy tummy and bubble butt.

Lol I rock leggings everyday theyre the BEST
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Sounds attainable!

You may have to re-evaluate the size medium though. I'm currently 177 and wearing a size large and sometimes XL. I am shorter than you though (5'4) and carry my weight in my belly area. So hopefully you'll be luckier than me!
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    LahrysaTebo2015 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sounds attainable!

You may have to re-evaluate the size medium though. I'm currently 177 and wearing a size large and sometimes XL. I am shorter than you though (5'4) and carry my weight in my belly area. So hopefully you'll be luckier than me!

My waist is small my butt is where I carry most of my weight. I say I wear a 3x but it is all different a third of my closet is xl 2x and 3x
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Totally realistic. The only limitations you'll have or your own self-imposed limitations.It's just going to take you time it may take anywhere from one to two years to lose that weight doing it the proper way and developing that habits that will continue with you for the rest of your life. Don't try to lose the weight too fast it doesn't work that way and it's not sustainable. Plug your stats and goals into the mfp app and just follow the calorie intake mfp advises you to do.

To give you hope. January 1st 2016 my weight was 288 pounds. My current weight is 208 and I've been maintaining that number for approximately eight months. Just to make things more funner I've had a double hip replacement and I have an arthritic knee and shoulder that needs to be replaced.

When I first started 48 inch waist current waist is 35 inches. Next size when I start it was 18 inches current neck is 15 and a half inches.

Calorie deficit is the most important thing but exercise will help you. Lifting weights will help you even more during that time
  • elizabethhilbert
    elizabethhilbert Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your goal weight is realistic, but at 5'8" and 156, I still wear a large or XL almost everywhere.