Perfect Keto Base

Hey there,

Does anyone have experience or advice regarding this product? Huge mix of reviews. I am doing keto but i just restarted again after a break (bad dumb emotional stuff n not caring about my health or body). So i would take this with a hflcmp diet.

Does it help you get into ketosis? Or would a magnesium supplement n drinking salt water to avoid keto flu + a few mct oil doses a day for the extra fat and to excellerate ketosis = basically this product???

Perfect Keto Base, Exogenous Ketone Supplement, Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB), Chocolate Sea Salt Flavor (211g) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7XI35O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_y-L6ybGY5TR87

Replies

• kgibbz
    kgibbz Posts: 102 Member
    Hey there,

Does anyone have experience or advice regarding this product? Huge mix of reviews. I am doing keto but i just restarted again after a break (bad dumb emotional stuff n not caring about my health or body). So i would take this with a hflcmp diet.

Does it help you get into ketosis? Or would a magnesium supplement n drinking salt water to avoid keto flu + a few mct oil doses a day for the extra fat and to excellerate ketosis = basically this product???

Perfect Keto Base, Exogenous Ketone Supplement, Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB), Chocolate Sea Salt Flavor (211g) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7XI35O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_y-L6ybGY5TR87

Hi! I was also looking into this product. It has great reviews on amazon, if you weed out the ones that say "it tastes bad" because...well I'm not looking for something delicious. I'm looking for something to work. Have you bought it yet?
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    You don't need a product to get you into ketosis. Just eat LCHF for a few days and keep your electrolytes in balance. I doubt it would help you get into ketosis any faster than just eating keto would, and it's pretty expensive.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    edited April 2017
    exogenous ketones will NOT, read NOT put you into ketosis/fat burning. Just... just skip this crap entirely.

The biggest effect it has is floods you with ketones, so you pee out a lot of ketones.
  • Niczka96
    Niczka96 Posts: 12 Member
    Like others said....not sure it's needed.
    At least in my experience sticking to about 5% carb a day starts ketosis well (and obviously appropriate fat/protein). I drink 3 L mineral water daily-ish (plus ~1 L regular): loaded with magnesium, potassium, chloride, and some sodium - never had the keto flu (22 days in). I think it helps but I have no proof other than my experience.
  • Niczka96
    Niczka96 Posts: 12 Member
    I also like my mineral water...was drinking it way before keto. :D