What keeps you motivated?

Options
I have the hardest time staying motivated and sticking to it. Tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    The thought of looking like I did in my before picture. I don't need any more motivation than that. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10497297/one-year-50-pounds-gone#latest
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Well honestly my clothes keep me motivated. I reuse to buy new pants because my rear won't fit in them anymore - it feels wasteful. I also have joined a couple accountability groups, and accolades for eating well and working out always feel good. And dressing room mirrors. Merciful heavens if I ever need a good dose of reality I go try on clothes in a Walmart dressing room - that gets me back to the gym real fast.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I like being fit...I love to cycle, so no motivation really necessary...it's basically a hobby.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Nothing now.. its all second nature. In the beginning it was tough, but when results started happening I kept my eye on the prize..

Its not hard for me eat right, make good choices and maintain exercising, its fun now cause I feel fantastic approaching 50' and looking better too is a huge bonus.

OP you already have motivation, just got to tap into it, also if others inspire you especially here, surround yourself with other like minded people such as yourself.
  • elizabethcutler824
    elizabethcutler824 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too, especially when long term goals seem so untouchable in the short term. I made a list on my phone of reasons why I owe myself this sustained momentum - feeling good about my body, not feeling afraid to look in the mirror or at recent photos, etc - it all helps keep me going when I feel like giving up. And even though I think it's really important to remember that everyone has a unique path, I do find looking at success stories (especially ones from women that seem to have similar bodies and/or lifestyles to my own) to be inspiring as well. I will add you so we can motivate each other!
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Right now I am full blast motivated by a trip my husband and I are taking at the end of May. I refuse to spend a ton of money on a vacation and hate every single picture.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Small goals. Like hitting under 200. Now hitting 189 before my trip to Europe.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Short-term goals are what keep me motivated. My first one was to lose 10 pounds by a certain date. My next goal was to go down to the next decade on the scale by a certain date. Currently, my short-term goal is to lose 20 pounds by my son's college graduation on May 5--I'm at 18 lbs right now.
  • tmetoyer123
    tmetoyer123 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I set goals that are motivating, but go into almost a black out when I'm hungry. I over eat, THEN remember my goals! I almost need to tape my mouth shut to remember.
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    During my journey, I have kept myself motivated by using mini goals. The latest one was to get to one-half of my original body weight at 189. The next one is to get to 200 Lbs down. I also am coming up on the time when I will no longer be obese but just overweight.

I also give myself positive feedback everyday, especially those days when I seem to be making no progress. I have to tell myself how wonderfully I am doing and how I am doing the right things even when the scale doesn't agree.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I keep celery sticks close at hand for when I feel "hungry." Because sometimes I just wanna munch. And I also set mini goals but I don't have a time frame, so if it takes awhile that's ok.