Grad school students unite!

Options
Grad school students unite!!! Talk about stressful! What is everyone studying? I'm working on my master's in speech-language pathology.

Replies

• sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Masters in Social Work here! 10 months to go!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'm working on my PhD in modern European history.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I just recently finished grad school! I work in acounting. With all the extra time that I didn't have before because of class and studying I am working out and running and working to get back in the best shape of my life.
  • glowingz
    glowingz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in a three year program, starting my final year this fall. Master of Landscape Architecture at University of Michigan. :-)
    YEAH!!!
  • deuce3Degotrip
    Options
    2nd year... Psy D (Doctorate of Psychology) - Clinical Psychology!!
  • heppin1
    heppin1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in counseling!! Little over a year left!! School always trumps working out :(
  • kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    About to finish up my Master in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Started working out only a few months ago, so workouts tend to interup my class work
  • jessrademacher
    jessrademacher Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in my last year of pharmacy school! Which, ironically enough, has not been kind to my health :)
  • jinkies54
    jinkies54 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just finished my masters (a month ago) and feel absolutely lost and with no direction now that I don't have a thesis looming over my head or mountains of reading to fill my time up. Even my spare time is now not consumed about griping about grad school! Although, it turns out my degree (in psychology) isn't too useful in the job market here in Ontario, Canada, so I'm about to go back into grad school waters for social work (I know, I know, again!).

One thing though - have any of you noticed that you have no idea how to eat properly because of the grad school life? Or worse, because you were an undergrad and THEN a grad student?? How are you all doing with that?
  • heppin1
    heppin1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh I know exactly how you feel about the eating right part, I really need to learn how to like cook for my whole week or something because cooking at 10 at night isn't cutting it!
  • rs2361
    rs2361 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm about to begin my second year of a PsyD (Doctorate of Psychology) in Clinical and School Psychology.

Since starting school last September, I think I gained approx 20 pounds and began biting my nails again out of anxiety and stress. I had not bitten my nails in like 10 years!!

And being in class till 10pm isn't helpful with a workout/eating schedule either :(
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    And being in class till 10pm isn't helpful with a workout/eating schedule either :(

Gosh ain't that the truth! I try to do my exercise before i go to class but when i get home at 10 I always want to grab food before bed no matter how long ago I ate something!
  • rs2361
    Options
    I wont lie, I am TERRIFIED for the fall. My summer semester ended already so I am only seeing clients now, but the fall is going to be scary hard.
  • crmhaske
    crmhaske Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a graduate student in Cognitive Psychology. I'm doing my PhD. Hello fellow grads! :)
  • rs2361
    Options
    So whats our game plan friends?
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm studying Science in Education at Lesley University in Boston, MA!! I'll (finally) be done in March 2012!!!! :)
  • Tess12513
    Options
    This is a great thread! I'm 5 months away from finishing grad school in Philly... I'll be a Physician Assistant (most likely in dermatology)!!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    i would like to hereby revive this thread...c'mon....there's gotta be more of us out there!!!!!

2nd year (part time) Public Administration, graduating spring 2013. Anyone else???
  • luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    marigold!

Instructional Design here.
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    wow i'm so glad to find this group! i'm just about to start my masters in global development. really looking forward to it!