clean eating and cheating problems.

Options
nab212
nab212 Posts: 42 Member
Any other clean eaters have days where you can not resist your favorite junk food. Someone at work had cream cheese donut holes and I...yeah...ate a *kitten* ton. Couldn't control myself.

Replies

• nab212
    Options
    I agree with you. I try not to worry too much about it and moderately partake in some of my "weaknesses" here and there. Pastries are the one that gets me. I usually tend to indulge, when I start haha.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Except beets....those things are dirty and gross...
  • FindingAwesome
    FindingAwesome Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Some foods I find it hard to resist. Cheese for example. It's hard for me to stay within 1 serving once I have some. Sweets too... If I have a donut today, I REALLY want another tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that. If I don't have that donut, then I find I don't really craving it the next day.

That said... If I have the calories... I have either. Whenever I want. And on workout days... sometimes both! lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't label my diet, but I eat well for the most part...I do not harbor an all or nothing mentality though...I usually have pizza on Friday evenings. Where my nutrition and health is concerned, what I'm doing most of the time is what matters.
  • nab212
    Options
    I personally eat as healthy as I can. For overall health. I feel much better since I've started but I get what you saying. People read way too much into it but I also think it's important to eat as well as possible. That's just me.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    nab212 wrote: »
    I personally eat as healthy as I can. For overall health. I feel much better since I've started but I get what you saying. People read way too much into it but I also think it's important to eat as well as possible. That's just me.

Who said it wasn't?
  • nab212
    Options
    Yeah. Cheese is something I eat pretty regularly.
  • nab212
    Options
    ...no one? Haha I was speaking to the clean dirty myth. Saying that you could reach the same weight goals by hitting you caloric and nutrient goals but that's why I personally try to stay as clean as I can.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ...no one? Haha I was speaking to the clean dirty myth. Saying that you could reach the same weight goals by hitting you caloric and nutrient goals but that's why I personally try to stay as clean as I can.

?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

We're all tired from the CICO thread.

Actually, lots of people tend to post here during the workday so days are busier (but I would never do that. Ahem). Volume drops off somewhat in the in the evening, especially during the commute and dinner timeframe.
  • nab212
    Options
    ??
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options

Mark-Wahlberg-Shock-and-Confused-Look.gif
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    A good beet salad is delicious.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    There is no actual definition of clean foods. "Clean" means something different depending on who is asking.
    Eat foods that help you reach your goal/s.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty after eating to much chocolate. Yes, moderation is key - I rarely count calories now, just work on my portion sizes and limit processed foods. I'm still the same weight since January, but getting leaner. I use both strength training and cardio. My biggest problem is my weakness of over consumption of high fat foods. I may need someone to slap the food away from my face to curb it! :blush: