Does anyone workout with a kettlebell?

Options
Hello:smile:
I recently bought a 5 lb kettlebell. I've done the workout twice and I could rave on about this exercise because I like it so much. I went to log into my exercise and there were no kettlebell in the search field. So I tried weights and weightlifting in the search field and nothing came up there either.

I'm still new on MFP, still learning how to navigate. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to log this exercise?

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

Replies

• GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'd just log it as weight training....
  • mssweetjay
    mssweetjay Posts: 142
    Options
    its actually located under cardio " 20 mins kettlebell" I love it too!!! You can really feel it within a short period of time!!!
  • capNramsey
    capNramsey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use a kettlebell. I did a search under cardio exercises and found weight training or weightlifting. That's what I log it in as. I'm not sure how accurate the count is, but it works for me.
  • dgrayman
    dgrayman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are going to have to go to my exercise and create each exercise that you use. Maker sure you put kettlebell in front of each exercise. When you log in the next time it wil be in the most recent exercise. When you log it, it will be weight training as in your cardiovascular title and exercise you will have each seperate exercise to log with sets/reps/ and weight. Hopefull this has helped you.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me the recommended weight for a kettlebell for someone who is a beginner to kettlebells but already does weight training? I was thinking of starting with a 15 lb kettlebell. How does this sound?
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I use KBs for my strength training. I don't understand how it can be a database number. Your calorie burn will be based on intensity, not the poundage you use. I wear my HRM for my workout. I burn approx 700 cals per hour, but I'm not messing around.

My workout consists of 15 rounds of 2-minute movements, with a :45 sec break between movement. Swing a 35lb KB for 2min x 15 rounds and you'll see what I mean.

I HIGHLY recommend Art of Strength: Providence DVD. Don't mess around with these bandwagon trainers (Jillian) who suddenly become a KB trainer just to sell more DVDs. Stick to trainers who've earned a reputation teaching nothing but KB exercises.

Have fun. Be prepared to buy heavier KBs. :smile:
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi! Start with a 5 lb. Enjoy:smile: