UK Thread

Options
Just wanted to say Hi, lots of differing nationalities out there wanted to get a thread going just for us in the UK.

Heads up if your from the UK!

Where are you at in your fitness/weight loss journey?

I'm Darren and I'm from Cornwall by the way!

Currently I'm week 2 into my journey and I'm pounding the cardio and eating cleanly and healthily as a change of lifestyle rather than a diet per say. Lost 1.2kg in first week. Using treadmill and a bike at the gym. Looking to incorporate weights at a later time.

Anyway that's me over to you guys... happy to accept friend requests too!

Replies

• jiveslice
    jiveslice Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Darren, i'm in Leicester.

I'm 39 years old, active but heavy... I've had a bad two years and i'm just about ready to turn things around. I'm on week 10 and down 7lbs. i'm doing a lot of weights at the gym and plenty of elliptical.

Good luck on your journey mate, sounds like you're off to a good start.
  • BingeNinjaNate
    BingeNinjaNate Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Nathan, Eton Windsor.

I'm 31 years old and looking to lose around 17kg to reach my goal of 60kg for my height of 5'6.

This is my second time here after reaching my goal of 60kg total weight the first time. Cut a long story short, lost my way and gained most of it back again, so here I am again.... Certainly finding it a lot more difficult this time, I just can't seem to find the motivation!

Please feel free to add me as mutual support is always welcome on both sides.
  • toliver775
    toliver775 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in Northern Ireland I'm on day 6 I have lost only 2 lbs
  • darrenfoster1976
    darrenfoster1976 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Toliver775 that's good 2lb in 6 days, do that every week you will be fine!
  • BingeNinjaNate
    BingeNinjaNate Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    toliver775 wrote: »
    Hi I am in Northern Ireland I'm on day 6 I have lost only 2 lbs

2lbs in six days is great. Keep up the good work.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,543 Member
    Options
    There is a group called 'Team UK' if you want to catch up with others in our fair isle?
  • darrenfoster1976
    darrenfoster1976 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    TheMrWobbly Awesome didn't know that, now looking them up :-)
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hello

Im from Scotland, 27 and on here for about 10 weeks down 24lbs so far looking to lose another 100
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm from Leeds, always after new UK pals!

I'm a runner with a peanut butter addiction!!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    I didn't know you were from Leeds @TavistockToad. I'm Manchester originally, now on the west coast of Canada.

Cheers, h.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I didn't know you were from Leeds @TavistockToad. I'm Manchester originally, now on the west coast of Canada.

Cheers, h.

small world, isnt it @middlehaitch!!!!
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 25 from Kent, nice to meet you all :-)
    (figuratively speaking).
    My journey is a bit frustrating... I lost two stone about 7 years ago, went to the gym regularly and felt great. In my early twenties I suffered from anxiety due to personal circumstances and found myself piling the weight back on which made me feel even worse. I worked through the mental issues and have a pretty healthy mindset now barring some low self esteem and a lot of fat I don't want! Fast forward to this very day where I have decided to get back to mfp properly and get my body back! So I'm literally starting my journey today and I'm aiming to get back down to about 8 stone as I am a short-*kitten* at 5"1 haha :-)
    Feel free to add me :-)
  • vkr2q7
    vkr2q7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Torie and I live in Surrey (but I'm from Southern California)

After I moved to England last August I started getting serious about losing all the weight I put on during Uni and have managed to lose 2.5st. I lagged for a bit, but I started back up again in March and it's been going well. Still have another 3 stone to lose, but I'll get there!

Feel free to add me!
  • cwatkin1512
    cwatkin1512 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 38 and this is my first week on MFP. Looking to loose 2 stone and just generally improve my fitness levels.
  • 100DaySprint
    100DaySprint Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

23, female and from East Anglia. Currently 198lbs and wanting to reach 140/150 ideally. I'm 8 days in, checking my weight Saturday to see where am I'm at but feeling good so far.

Aside from hating my weight (looking on the larger side of life) I'm now having digestive issues which cause me to be unwell a lot. Unsure if it's weight related so what better excuse to try kick my terrible eating habits and shape up.

Good luck everyone - feel free to drop me an add!
  • SuziK28
    SuziK28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm from London. Lost 2 stone about 2 years ago but due to some personal issuse I piled it back on. I have about a stone to lose to get back to where I was. Looking to lose a bit more if I can.

Feel free to add
  • greenzgal
    greenzgal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey my fellow UK fitness pals. Nice to be acquainted. I'm Jerina from London. Mainly looking to tone a few places and lose a little bit of weight, my biggest struggle is food as I'm a big foodie
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    vkr2q7 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Torie and I live in Surrey (but I'm from Southern California)

After I moved to England last August I started getting serious about losing all the weight I put on during Uni and have managed to lose 2.5st. I lagged for a bit, but I started back up again in March and it's been going well. Still have another 3 stone to lose, but I'll get there!

Feel free to add me!
    @vkr2q7
    Well done at using our archaic units of weight!

Where are you at in your fitness/weight loss journey?
    Been maintaining (at various weights...) since Christmas 2012 after losing 30lbs of blubber I carried around for 20 years.

I'm a bit of a fitness fanatic, cycling around beautiful Surrey countryside plus weight training.
    57 year old determined to grow old disgracefully.

• reubenpjwatt
    reubenpjwatt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm Reuben from Surrey. I am just starting out the 'healthy' route and my goal is to try and build up muscle as I am kind of skinny
  • ianmartinsm
    ianmartinsm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All

My name is Ian, I'm from South Wales.

I've had a rough couple of years with regards to family death's and betrayals and generally a tough time, and given that I'm the emotional type eater plus not having the energy or time to think about myself. It's meant I'm now 240lbs ... I'm aiming to lose 35lbs by Christmas ... thats my realistic target but of course I'd love to lose it quicker!

And so my fight back starts here ...

I'm brand new to this app and this type of community so not sure what writing this will achieve :) but please add me ... I need the support

Thanks

Ian